Software
Houzz Logo Print
katie_koss

help for planned industrial kitchen

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

My husband and I are hiring a general contractor to redo our loft. The plan is to demo out the dividing wall and make space for a larger fridge. Likely some kind of pantry cabinet next to fridge for storage space, as I don't have much. In photo where the table is in kitchen, building out bottom cabinets in same style. Flipping dishwasher and range. Doing induction top and base cabinet single oven. Planning thick concrete counter with matte black slab cabinetry. Originally wanted no handles on cabinetry, but now feel need some as the look isn't just minimal more industrial? Also no upper cabinets just industrial shelving, stainless steel pipe with hanging lights, white 4x12 subway tile with thick dark grout going to ceiling. Wondering if I am supposed to tile the wall where fridge is also? Or do I just paint from fridge up whatever color rest of walls will be in house?

Not sure what we are doing about a hood, preferably maybe quite long as the wall is so high but don't know what style or color.

I am considering both black stainless or regular stainless. What do you think works for the space? Rest of loft has large windows, open floor plan, wide long reclaimed engineered hardwood going in, white brick, and red brick walls. Can post photos of the rest if needed.

I know the look we like is very trendy. But we will be here for the long haul, and as it's an old grammar school from the 20's I hope it fits the space. From this look board, trying to do dark grout with subway tile, maybe a long range hood, matte cabinets with concrete counter although probably thicker. Two industrial pipe shelves on either side coming off wall. And lighting from ceiling with different light bulbs at varying lengths.

Thank you anyone who takes the time to check this novel out. I'm not super well versed in kitchen design etc. Just trying to make sure I'm not making any grave errors.

Photos · More Info

Photos · More Info

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH