Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
triffidmoss

Hello, I'm new here!

triffidmoss
7 years ago

Hi there! I've been reading this forum for a year or so but only just joined. I'm down here in Tasmania, Australia :D

I love Hoyas, My mum had one when I was growing up in Darwin and I had one for a few years here in Tas. Both were Carnosas. But I haven't had any for a few years so for the last years I've started to get back into growing them.

So, my Hoyas. Eventually I'll nag my partner into taking some photos.. He is slack! But until then, I'll start with the first.

I have had a scraggly Crimson Queen for the last 4 years... It's suffered. Been starved and sunburnt but still struggling on. It's leaves are permanently creased and wrinkled. No matter how much water I gave it, they still look like an old leather handbag. Plant seems happy enough, growing new leaves, not dying.. ect :D The new leaves are fine. however most of the leaves it grew were white shoots/leaves and based on this forum I decided to chop most of them off. The poor dear is struggling already, lets not add to it?

I have many others, some are doomed to die, others I hope will be ok. Most are bought from Bunnings, a local hardware/chainstore... (big box store for you peeps in the USA?) The little Bunnings pots suffer from over watering before I buy them and can rot within a week of bringing them home. :( Still, I keep buying some just to see if they will live here in Tas. Some of my Hoyas seem to like the cold and are growing like weeds!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022