Software
Houzz Logo Print
casandra383

Bar stools for rounded counter??

9 years ago
I need barstools, but the overhang on the counter is rounded and only 12" at the widest point. Though I signed off on it, the actual 'barspace' is smaller than anticipated. Any suggestions for barstools that would work here??

Comments (20)

  • 9 years ago
    I love these, but fear they are entirely too large for the space.
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Yeah, unless you're planning to lounge there, you'll probably want something a bit more svelte.

    DHP Luxor 24" Metal Counter Stool in Antique Gun Metal (Set of 2) · More Info

    GDF Studio Chantal Backless Leather Stools, Set of 2, Ivory, Counter Height: 26" · More Info

    Zuo Fall 37" Bar Stool in Silver · More Info

    Safavieh Thompson Counter Stool, Fabric With Nail Head, Taupe · More Info


    DHP Nova 24" Metal Mesh Counter Stools, Silver, Set of 2 · More Info

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I fear that your island is going to be destroyed because people do not have any leg room under the short overhang. If anything, go for a backless, narrow seated stool.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    The Chantal leather stools suggested by @acm are a good option.

  • 9 years ago

    This size but more modern. Do you like ghost stools?

    NFID Cottage Casual · More Info


    River House · More Info

  • 9 years ago

    Ghost stools -


    Makawao Remodel · More Info


    Port Melbourne · More Info


  • 9 years ago
    Maybe you should try buying a few different styles, high back, saddle, ghost and put them at the island to get feel for each. It is going to be difficult to eat at that counter if you can't pull straight in. So maybe get a backed, comfortable swivel so that it can be angled for just sitting there, but not necessarily eating.
    The shallowness is more a problem if you have arms on the chairs I would think, so maybe the shallow saddle style is best.
  • 9 years ago
    There is a table with bistro chairs and an antique pew across from the bar. The seating isn't a necessity, except that my husband hates sitting there and is pushing for bar stools!
  • 9 years ago
    For comfortable stools, I like a padded seat and a sturdy crosspiece on which to put my feet. Consider the person in your family with the widest rear end. The feet of the stools should have floor protectors to save your floors from scrape marks.
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Because it's not very deep (like mine) it's a good idea to get swivel stools with a crosspiece as felizlady said....

    It will keep folks from swinging their feet and having to move the chair in and out (make sure they're heavy!)....both things that will damage the wall.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    No to ghost stools... tacky. I would use upholstered backless stools.... and paint the upper cabinets.

  • 9 years ago
    This is all brand new!! The table base is getting painted, it is just primer now, but that is it! I am not even completely finished with the space. I still need window treatments and doors for the pantry.
  • 9 years ago
    Would sticking with a similar style to the chairs work, but in color? Like these?
  • 9 years ago


    Orange Contemporary Barstool DS-811-ORG-GG · More Info

  • 9 years ago


    Contemporary Prairie Style Addition + Remodel · More Info

  • 9 years ago
    When it comes to bar stools, I say only use them if you have enough room to tuck them under the counter when not in use. I think if it were me, I would skip them but if you need the extra seating, stick with a style that doesn't take up a lot of real estate. Also, I would go with something contemporary and sleek to balance out the dark wood and compliment your vent hood. I searched Houzz for "modern bar stools" and these are my favorites:
  • 9 years ago
    I have looked at those middle ones, but feared they were too modern? The finished in my kitchen are brushed nickel/antique silver. Would the chime be too much?
    I will have to order whatever online so I want to have a good chance of getting it right the first time; returns are hectic.
  • 9 years ago
    *chrome
  • 9 years ago
    @cassandra383
    I'm sorry, I missed the picture of your table before commenting. Yes, I think you should stick to a similar style (like the picture you showed) only I would also go with the same color. Mixing another color in might make the room look smaller, especially since the table and bar are so close to each other.
Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio