0

Help decorating this new room

Colleen
Just got in a new sofa and welcome advice to make this a cozy second tv room. Was looking to add a computer desk (slender) where the mirror currently is temporarily. I was considering a round ottoman patterned? Lamps? Also will need something g under the tv as well. Should I do drapes or something over the top to draw eyes
up as the sofa is high. Want this room to be cozy and clean but warm also. Not looking to keep it all beach colors.
  • Colleen
    Yes that does look better to me! Thank you :)
    Styled At Home
    Great!!! No need to stress;)
  • Colleen
    Ok so the lamp definitely casts a yellow color in the room. No lamp for sure.
  • Colleen
    Looking at the photo would the poles look ok as close to ceiling or bud up against the bamboo blinds? Just thinking it might look better not on top of the blinds?

Also, I bought 1 1/8 black poles. Is that diameter good?
  • Colleen
    Forgot to add the photo... poles on top of blinds or slightly above blinds?
    Styled At Home
    6 inches above:)
  • Colleen

OK I have to check and see if I even have 6 inches above the blinds. Do you think the 1 1/8 black poles diameter is ok?

Styled At Home
    I didn't even look...you do not have that. with yours, you should go closer to the ceiling. Although, I think If you just went slightly above I think it would look the same as if you went closer to the ceiling. Yes...the rod will be fine. What window treatment did you decide on?
  • Colleen
    Ok! I went with buffalo check from Ballards.
    Styled At Home
    Great choice!! Pillows?
  • Colleen
    None yet:)
    Styled At Home
    Were you wanting to bring in a little color?
  • Colleen
    It wouldn't hurt, right?
  • Colleen
    I reached out the the installer as I was advised I wouldn't need the liner so much on the blinds however it looks like an orange fireball in the morning.. I should have listened to you all. Would an easy fix be a rollershade on this one window?
    Styled At Home

It depends if you do not mind it being white on the outside? I just had them installed in a clients home (32 windows). She wanted the bamboo look from the outside...Which I think cosmetically looks better. Although, it was every window. The lady that does all of my custom drapes lines drapes and bamboo blinds. If you know someone that does custom window treatments or even someone that can sew...It would not take much to have them lined.

Styled At Home

When we were selecting her shades, we threw everything to the side that had any red /orange tint to them. A really dark brown is a good choice. She liked the lighter natural brown...they turned out beautifully.

• Colleen
    Working in where the drapes should fall and have not ironed yet but here's a sneak preview.
    Styled At Home
    I think they are beautiful!!! Very French country/farmhouse!! I love it!!
  • Colleen
    One more
    Styled At Home
    How does this combination of pillows looks with your drapes?
  • Colleen
    I don't think I like them
    Styled At Home
    Do you like this?
  • Colleen
    Not my taste either :(
    Styled At Home
    Haha!! Ok...last one
    Styled At Home
    What colors do you like? You can never go wrong with just A solid velvet;)
    Styled At Home
    You could use the 2 of these stools as a coffee table to make the space feel larger
  • Colleen
    The last one Is better!!!
    Styled At Home

What colors do you favor?

• Colleen
    I'm not sure what works as you see I've been guided through this entire journey but I think I'm more earthy tones.
  • Colleen
    Ok so another rookie question...how much puddling on the floor or no puddling? My dh installed a quarter of an inch off so one side is pooling and the other is just floor height! How to fix? Puddling or no puddling?
  • Colleen
    The white floor lamp and green hydrangeas looks beautiful!
    Styled At Home
    You just want them to touch the floor, not puddle. Send me a picture of it. That way I can see if there is a solution:)
  • Colleen
    I can see touching the floor from the pictures is the way to go but not puddling.
    Styled At Home
    Correct...you do not want puddles of fabric in the floor. With that being said, it's not as bad as I have seen before. From the photo it looks as though it is only one side?
  • Colleen
    Yes correct. He just realized them to just hit the floor. Now on to the other window
  • Colleen
    I still need to iron the drapes but wanted to share. Now onto finding a floor lamp for the corner and something for the left wall left side of sofa and then pillows:)
  • Colleen
    Style at home,
    I love the lamp in the corner. Would a white floor lamp work? Also loving this ottoman you posted. I did see this similar lamp in a boutique today and may consider buying it :)
    Styled At Home
    Yes...I think a white or cream floor lamp would look really good!! What were you thinking for the wall? Mirror, floating shelves, etagere...?
  • Colleen
    I have no idea. Went looking today and feel I want something like a rustic clock? It's a wall you see from the hallway so I want something not too busy but stately.
  • Colleen
    The blinds will be redone with s blackout liner. 257.00 more but well worth it in my opinion. This picture makes my stomach turn. Soon to be fixed!
  • Colleen
    Loving this lamp!! What do you all think? Didn't take the plastic off yet! Keeper?
  • tgb1

I really like that floor lamp! What color are your walls? So pretty!

• Colleen
    Here with light on:) still need to take off the paper! I will look and check the wall color.
  • Colleen
    Loving how it's coming together so far!
    Styled At Home
    Beautiful!!!! I love everything Colleen!!! :)
    I apologize for just now responding...I have been swamped with projects in 3 different cities! You are doing an amazing job making your vision come to life!! :). Great job!!!
  • Colleen
    Thank you!
  • Agnes

Hi Colleen, Browsing through and I must congratulate you on the fantastic job you have done to decorate your space.. I was also looking at some side table designs and see that you have chosen a very earthy look piece...I came across this glass table piece which gives the room a more spacey look..thought you may like it.

• Colleen
    I picked up a clock for the wall. I am still seeing the coffee table as. It fitting in but in due time l I'll address that. Whatcha think of the clock?
    Styled At Home
    Love the clock!! It is very fitting in that space!! Place a small mirror on the wall on the right side of the sofa, behind the lamp. The lamp shining in the mirror will make the space feel larger!!
    Styled At Home
    The floor length mirror that you have would go perfect there!!