Software
Houzz Logo Print
j_apatterson

Countertops!?

13 years ago
I love these counters what type of wood did you use, also it looks like it is sealed if so what sealant would you use? Thanks!
Ocean Reef · More Info

Comments (14)

  • 13 years ago
    Yes, same question!
  • 13 years ago
    I love the cabinet color and the rich color of the island. Ok I love the countertop what type of stain and wood are they?
  • 13 years ago
    Yes - what kind of wood and/or stain?
  • 13 years ago
    that looks like concrete...formed and stained to look like real wood. It is beautiful...and very strong.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    In a house like that I highly doubt is concrete. If you can afford a house like that you would easily be able to afford a custom solid slab of wood like that.
  • 13 years ago
    Check out WoodForm Countertops on Houzz... I've seen their amazing work in person and you would never believe it is concrete :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I stand corrected Haha! I've actually done a few concrete counters and a 4' x 10' dining room table out of concrete before and many stained concrete floors, but I've never seen anything quite that amazing. That is very very impressive!
  • 13 years ago
    No, that is actually concrete. J&M Lifestyles in New Jersey does that exact same one.
  • 13 years ago
    any chance you can share the design for the island! It is absolutely gorgeous>>
  • 13 years ago
    Check with J&M Lifestyles in New Jersey. This was created by them. Just email them and they will help you.
  • 13 years ago
    Do you have an email for them?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi! We have many kitchens Spanish Colonial Revival kitchen style panels in our portfolio. Happy to hear you aren't heading toward the Cape Cod white ones! Consider refacing if your boxes are solid...See kitchens that have been refaced by our company on our website. The 1st also has a brick boveda ceiling that the owner installed in a vintage home in Santa Barbara...and a wood top on the island. Sometimes we will reface part of the kitchen and replace/reconfigure part of it. The attachment with the blue walls is an example. I'm quite confidant that the prices for our cabinets which are built to furniture standards are wonderful for value added to your home. Darn...tried to attach files but I think I attached some bills instead and can't detach them...? So Please check out our website: www.carvedcustomcabinets.com
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    OK looks like they didn't attach...We have a Facebook page that you might want to check out as well called Carved Custom Cabinets....just for fun....Refacing is a great option. You can have the use of your kitchen until the refacing comes. Then it takes us about 1.5 to 2 weeks to apply the cabinet faces and voila! totally amazing transformation.