Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anita_whitehead

Small master bedroom

Anita Whitehead
7 years ago

Need help on overhauling a manager bedroom size is 13 x 15. Open to everything, wall decor, bedding and paint comor

Comments (28)

• PRO
    Grey Heron Interiors
    7 years ago

Hello Anita Whitehead,

That's actually not a bad size room.

What colors would you most like to see or is there a design style you prefer?

Karen Haggard, CID

• Rina
    7 years ago

From what I can see in your ideabooks, you're a neutrals lady. The danger there is that you could make the room bo....ring. The way to avoid that is to be sure that you run the gamut of colour depth in the room, from white or near white, to black or near black. Also, play with textures. Also, just play. Put an element of fun -- your style of fun -- in your room.

What I'm not sure of is whether you prefer the cool neutrals or the warm. I'm thinking, maybe, the warm?

• Anita Whitehead
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I'm pretty open - don't want to make it boring. So really open to going bold, but something that is inviting.
  • Rina
    7 years ago

Here's a treatment that would work in a small room.

Master Bedroom · More Info

• Irene Morresey
    7 years ago
    Some inspiration, mirrors over bedside tables look good
  • Anita Whitehead
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I like the gray but with purple or blue or even willing to try to make it more fun. These seem too light to me

• Anita Whitehead
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I thought I would provide more specs, as I am a little limited with layout and the way the windows and closets are arranged. I like idea of dual mirrors and nightstands, but feel limited given the amount of space at each side and where the light switch is. So suggestions there would be great.

• PRO
    Grey Heron Interiors
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hello Anita Whitehead,

Thank you for the images, they really help. Where do you live, just the state or country. It will help me with colors. Are you keeping the furniture? I can create a 3D colored image for you if you'd like. I like that you're open to some color. Lets see if we can give this room some much needed ambiance!

Karen Haggard, CID

• Anita Whitehead
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you, thank you. I live in Warrenton, VA. It's a traditional 4 square home built in 1939. No, open to getting rid of everything (there's not much in there). THANK YOU!

• Anita Whitehead
    Original Author
    7 years ago

a 3-d image would be great!

• PRO
    Grey Heron Interiors
    7 years ago

Anita Whitehead,

You only live a couple of hours from me! Now I know what type of natural lighting you get. Can you post a pic of the room from the entrance door towards the end of the bed for me, and one from the corner closet by the headboard back towards the opposite corner? I want to make sure I'm getting a complete picture.

As far as the furniture goes:

queen bed - wood, upholstered, any preferences?

dresser - any preferences?

any 'wish I had in this room'?

Karen

• Cheryl Smith
    7 years ago

what is on the wall at the foot of your bed? pictures showing all 4 walls would help. I hate beds on the same wall as the entry door would prefer looking at the bed as you walk in.

• Rina
    7 years ago

My bed is on the same wall as the entry door, and I must say I love it like that. I had it on the opposite wall for a while and hated it. Different strokes.

Anita -- two suggestions: you might like to make an accent wall (blue or purple?) of the wall behind your bed as a stronger statement than the all-pale rooms; and secondly, have a look at grass wallpaper. It's expensive, but I think it gives a very welcoming, soothing feeling. It's available in many colours other than the naturals you would expect.

I have to bow out of this discussion now, as I'm heading for several weeks of hellish deadlines. Good luck.

• Anita Whitehead
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Here are pictures. I'm limited in room layout a bit with the way the doors open and how the window and closet are. Here are more pictures. As for wants, looking for more color and just a good layout.

@ Karen, Sure, queen bed - prefer upholstered headboard, no preferences on dresser. I like the dual nightstands, but feel I haven't had enough room from the other side. I like the idea of a bench seat or something like that at the foot of the bed. Main wants is wall décor

• Cheryl Smith
    7 years ago

looks like you have all the furniture in the only locations that will work for them. double nights stands should work, don't have to match but should be similar height and color. I think an upholstered bed would be great and your current dressers look fine. not too much room for wall decor, maybe something over the dresser across from your bed. you can choose pretty much any color with your current wall color. keeping walls neutral helps changing looks when you get tired of it. you don't have to keep on repainting.

• PRO
    Grey Heron Interiors
    7 years ago

Thanks for the additional pictures Anita Whitehead. Give me a day to come up with the plan for you! I'll create an ideabook and link you up. One last thing, what colors do you NOT want to see in the room.

• Anita Whitehead
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Great question, hadn't thought about that...probably black

• interiordesignme
    7 years ago

hi, i think when you add a shelf over the Radiator by the window, it will make quite a difference

Peckham Home · More Info

• optimal viewz
    7 years ago

I agree interiordesignme - a nice piece of stone would look great on top of the radiator.

• Anita Whitehead
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@ Karen, thank you for the suggestions. I'm intrigued by what you're adding to my idea books. I should have also said I am open to painting the walls a different color, so please let your creativity run wild. They're due for a paint job anyway. Thank you

• PRO
    Grey Heron Interiors
    7 years ago

Anita Whitehead I should be done with your Ideabook today and your design. I'm changing up everything I can!

• Anita Whitehead
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Awesome, thank you!!!

• Anita Whitehead
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I absolutely love the colors you picked, not something I expected but love it.

• PRO
    Grey Heron Interiors
    7 years ago

Thank you! The 3D rendering looks amazing too! My husband had some hand surgery so it set me back a couple days - can't do anything himself. UGH! I've got 2 more things to do on it then I'll add it to the Ideabook!

• PRO
    Grey Heron Interiors
    7 years ago

OK Anita Whitehead - You're Ideabook is done!! I'm so glad you love the colors. I gave you something that has a classic elegant look to it. Let me know what you think of everything!

• PRO
    Live Good
    7 years ago

If you are looking for quality bedding at a reasonable price come take a look at our Live Good page. All our sheets are 100% supima cotton!

• PRO
    Grey Heron Interiors
    6 years ago

Hello Anita Whitehead,

I hope your master bedroom turned out well! I'd love to see some photos please. I can't believe its been a whole year at this point!

Karen