Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abby_dodson

Industrial Craft Room!

A D
7 years ago

I'm working on my craft room, I was originally going to go shabby chic as a lot of the pictures you see when searching for design ideas are in this style. Well... the cabinet quote I got back from not one but ALL of the contractors I requested quotes from was way out of budget for my hobby room ($20k+). So when my husband saw how dejected I was looking thinking my craft room was never going to be anything more than a dream he started researching shelving systems for me. After sending me pictures of the Newage pro series 3.0 garage shelves, and seeing that they had a white color option, I was on board and completely rethinking everything...my new inspiration... industrial chic! It's been so much fun working on this room, I've got the shelves installed, a sink I found at a restaurant store and a prep table turned craft table. I'm to the point now I'll be putting up some mason storage jars, finishing the letters, and a few other items to soften the room up a bit but I really wanted to share what we've done now. I tiled the backsplash with geometric subway tiles and I think it really makes the room pop, I topped it off with this really cool 14 light sputnik chandelier. It's different, but I really really love it, I hope you guys love it too. I put final pictures up when it's all done very soon.

(Going to say CREATE... but hobby lobby was out of R's and only had one E, getting the other two letters tonight!)

Need to grout, using dalorean gray so they match the shelving

Picture ledge shelf for glitter, bamboo spice racks for paint to match the bamboo work surface that came with the garage cabinets.

garage cabinets came with drawer dividers!

Didn't know this until I put my cricket away but it fits perfectly in this pull out drawer! also all of the drawers and doors have soft close rails and hinges. I LOVE IT

Came with trash can and blue bins, perfect way to keep all my odds and ends organized and keep my room clean!

Hope you liked the pictures, I need to go to flea markets, I'm in search of large gears and cogs to make an industrial color wheel for the wall above the work table. I have this in mind, I mocked it up on the computer this morning cause I was having trouble explaining my idea to my husband, he's a visual learner ;)

Can't wait to put up the finished room!

Comments (21)

• PRO
    Fratantoni Lifestyles
    7 years ago

Looks great!

A D thanked Fratantoni Lifestyles
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    7 years ago
    Wow looks great!!
    A D thanked OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • binakay
    7 years ago

This is a dream space! Wow! Awesome innovation.

A D thanked binakay
  • PRO
    Napanee Design Ltd.
    7 years ago

Love the lighting!

A D thanked Napanee Design Ltd.
  • A D
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you! I added some items to warm up all that steel. I think it's officially industrial chic now.
  • PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    7 years ago

Wow! That would make any Etsy fan jealous!

A D thanked Gerety Building and Restoration
  • Jonathan Blount
    7 years ago

Your husband is a genius.

A D thanked Jonathan Blount
  • PRO
    A D thanked Fratantoni Design / Residential Architects
  • PRO
    Drawer Essentials
    7 years ago
    Great idea for the thread. Amazing space!
    A D thanked Drawer Essentials
  • PRO
    A D thanked Fratantoni Luxury Estates Design/Build/Remodeling
  • Vanessa Zammuto
    6 years ago
    this is amazing! I love everything. I will be getting a new house in a few weeks and I am extremely excited to get my own new craft room
    A D thanked Vanessa Zammuto
  • User
    6 years ago

Real cool. Any guy would dream to have this in his garage. I have similar ones but just the uppers and probably double the size. Good job. But doing crafts I would think having a window would be much better so you can day dream and get ideas. No?

A D thanked User
  • PRO
    Verona Home Design
    6 years ago

This is so awesome! Love the organization! Craft rooms are by far the best room in a house my opinion! :)

A D thanked Verona Home Design
  • PRO
    21st Century Tile
    6 years ago

This is amazing! Great job!

A D thanked 21st Century Tile
  • PRO
    Construction Masters
    6 years ago

What a fantastic craft room; enjoy creating in there! ;)

A D thanked Construction Masters
  • gurukaram
    6 years ago
    Fantastic job! The cabinets and restaurant tables are brilliant and perfect for easy clean up in a room that will get a lot of work done in it. Congrats and enjoy!
    A D thanked gurukaram
  • PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    6 years ago

Nice!!

A D thanked Raegan Ford Interior Design
  • PRO
    Moss Building & Design
    6 years ago

Awesome space for creating! Love the organization!

A D thanked Moss Building & Design
  • A D
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Thanks everyone, I've been spending a lot of time in my space especially before the holidays. Here's what it looks like today

• PRO
    Hibou Design & Co.
    6 years ago

Such a fun, useful space! Great job!

A D thanked Hibou Design & Co.
Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz