0

Climbing fuchsia for wall in covered patio?

Hello All,

I'm looking for a lovely climbing or trellis-trained plant for my north-facing covered patio wall. It gets barely any direct sunlight. The patio looks out to the west so the afternoon sun does hit the adjacent wall to the one where I'd like the plant to live. I don't know much about fuchsia hybrids, but I love my five f. thymifolia plants that are currently thriving on the patio. A local nursery worker recommended fuchsia because there's so little direct sunlight, which I hadn't considered, and I love the idea.

Is there a fuchsia hybrid that can be trained up a trellis and get up to 6 feet tall or higher, that works with my conditions and zone, and won't require a very large planter? Ideally the container would fit behind the table and chairs in the photo, which could come forward a few inches if needed. Maybe two or three plants in a long narrow planter along the base of the wall to fill out the space?

Thank you for any guidance you can provide! I'd like to plant as soon as possible if I can find the right variety.