Software
Houzz Logo Print
aprilscott12

Wild Eve & Golden Celebration

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I cut two huge handfuls of these babies today!! I'm not a huge fan of yellows but GC is a beatiful shade right now.. more apricot to it than shows in the bright pic.

WE

GC

Thanks for looking!

April

Comments (19)

  • 9 years ago

    Wow - very pretty!

    Ann

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Decided to add a few more pics to this post :)

    pink iceburg

    Burgundy Iceburg
    sexy rexy
    Love Song
    White Eden
    Gruss
    Queen of Sweden
    Olivia
    Quick Silver

    Zaide and friend :)
    Okie dokie! That's all for now! Hope you enjoy!

  • 9 years ago

    April, they're amazing! I didn't think I liked White Eden. I just changed my mind.

  • 9 years ago

    All are really beautiful. WE is one Austin I don't have. Can you tell me about her? About how big does she get in your zone? Does she bloom a lot or is she stingy after the first flush? Does she have a scent? How is disease resistance for you?

  • 9 years ago

    Thanks Ann & Sylvia! This is my 2nd year with White Eden and already I'm smitten. Glad my pic changed your mind :) I think you'll love it too.

    hcarnevale... WE is one of my very favorite. She gets really large, around 4x5 for me. She's one of my best blooming Austins. Blooms all summer. Yes, she has a nice scent I think. She can be very shell pink or have lots of apricot to her depending on temps. Lasts a long time on bush & in vase. I spray religiously so I can't really say on that. I've had her for probably 9 years and was my very first English rose I'm pretty sure. There's nothing I dislike about her. My SIL always had issues with hers being an octopus and mine seemed to sprawl more her first couple years but she stays nice and bushy now. Are you convinced you HAVE to have her now? :)


  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Yea yea yea! Yes mine had octopus arms but yours did too. I just wasn't patient enuf and Lordy knows you tell me about a hundred times a year. Trying that baby again bc I did love her blooms and she bloomed nonstop but her canes flopped with the weight so this time I've given her support. Lol.

    Love your blooms too!!! :)))

  • 9 years ago

    Oh great, now where to find room....... Another one that I wanted to know about is Grace. Do you happen to have Grace? I always like the pics I see of her, but no one really talks much about her.

  • 9 years ago

    Judy, you so funny. And nope, I'll never get over you sp'ing her!

    hcarnevale, Yes I do have Grace as well. She was almost overtaken by Dr Huey that I'm hoping I got all removed this year. She's a pretty rose but doesn't bloom prolifically for me. Not the worst of bloomers but not the best either. She stays compact for me. Maybe 3x3. Seems like her blooms doesn't last really long either.

  • 9 years ago

    Absolutely beautiful ! Now I wish I had wild eve too :) I had golden celebration but it died bc of poor planting . I could kick myself now ! Beautiful bouquets!

  • 9 years ago

    Everything is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

  • 9 years ago

    Fell in love with 'Wild Eve' when her first photos appeared. Keep 'em coming. Some year I'll see her in person. Glad to hear she's a worthwhile Austin.

    That is the sweetest picture of 'Sexy Rexy'.

  • 9 years ago

    I got Wild Eve this spring based on recommendations in these forums that she was shade tolerant. Your photos make me excited. I need her to stay low so I will let her spread and sprawl.

  • 9 years ago

    Lily, I'm sorry to hear your GC died. Its a great bloomer here. Smells terrific too. as for WE? Get her. Lol.

    Thanks Sara and Iris :)

    Totoro, with less sun she will prob stay more sprawly. Mine are in full sun all day.


  • 9 years ago

    OMG those are all gorgeous!!!!

  • 9 years ago

    The pic of Golden Celebration belongs in a book or calendar! It is beautiful!!! All of your roses look so good.

  • 9 years ago

    Thanks Beth and Dave!

  • 9 years ago

    Beautiful! How do you like Quicksilver?

  • 9 years ago

    Suncoast, it was new last year but the few blooms I had were beautiful. Can't wait to see how it does this year.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative Custom Closet Designer Servicing Franklin County