0

Quartzite counter edge help! Pretty please!

Kirsten Morin
We are getting 3cm Taj Mahal quartzite countertops. I've included our plans below. What would you all recommend for the edges? We have dove white cabinets, and a dark walnut Island. I tend to favor decorative edges (have a cove duPont in one recently redone bathroom), but I don't want to over do it. The fabricator has suggested an eased edge on the counter with the stove top and a decorative edge on the island. What do you think we should do on the peninsula, and what are your personal favorite decorative edges?
  • Kirsten Morin
    Just bumping this to the top. Any ideas?
  • Dee Sanchez

On quartzite, I always prefer mitered edge. It hides the glue line better than a simple eased. Quartzites tend to suck the glue into them, discoloring the glue line.

• simstress
    An eased edge is what we use. The Taj is pretty and will look great with a simple or fancier edge. I hope you get other suggestions!
    Blum Custom Builders & Remodeling

I like a square edge!

• Laurie Schrader

3 cm square very classic, doesn't go out of style. Mitered can also be nice, as it lends an appearance of real substance. Careful, though- not all patterns are good for that.

Servigon Construction Group

We like an eased edge like the fabricator suggest, here is the 3cm Taj Mahal we are actually in the process of finishing up to give you an idea.

Cabinet look similar to yours

• Laurie Schrader

Servignon- educate me a bit, if you will. I've always seen "eased edge" with rounded corners. but these countertops appear almost entirely squared (or something...).

What do I miss? Great counters!

Servigon Construction Group
    Laurie,
    Eased Edge does not have rounded corners. All the edges are slightly rounded
    Servigon Construction Group
    Sorry that was a little contradicting on my part. The edges are rounded but very slightly to taper the edge down
  • bunnyllg
    This is my Taj Mahal edge.
  • Chessie

Book edges and eased edges look best to me.

Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

Eased edges for a classic look that doesn't go out of style

• Kirsten Morin
    Thanks so much for the helpful feedback!
  • wilson853

Hi Kirsten, if you are still out there, I am wondering what edge treatment you chose. Would love to see a picture if possible.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)