Software
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

I love my apartment

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I think that at different times in my life I needed different living situations. I was very happy with my houses and gardens for the past 4 decades. But I am retired and I just don't want to do all the 'house stuff' any more.

I moved into my apartment about 3 weeks ago and it had a couple of issues. There was a leak in the tub faucet and after a couple attempts to solve it using cartridges they finally broke the wall to get at the valve and now it is done and the wall repaired. Plus the AC was working too hard and dripping over the tub, so this week I'm getting a new AC inside and out.

The complex has pools, a 24 hour fitness center, and even a concierge service that will bring your packages from the office, walk your dog, buy groceries for you. Every week or so they invite a different food truck to park at the office in case you want to buy dinner but not go out. And they are always doing little things like a free muffin day, a package of goldfish hanging from your doorknob, etc.

I love the front office, they go out of their way to be nice, take care of my questions. The yard people keep the grounds looking good.

There have been a few negative issues but they do not overshadow the positive experience here.

So far all the residents have been wonderful, they are really nice people. It is mostly pretty quiet except for warm weekends when you can hear the kids and their families having a good time in the pool.

I think I'm going to end up being part of a trend, older boomers who want a nice safe place to live and invite the grand kids for a visit and who don't want to worry about plumbing and that kind of thing.

Comments (4)

Sponsored