lynartist

Another Houzz Update!!!

lynartist
last modified: July 23, 2019

Why can’t Houzz leave this app alone! This latest update is really just too much:((((! Photos aren’t posting on dilemmas! I can’t move photos around in my ideabook! Is it really necessary to save whole threads in an ideabook!!! Seriously!!! Who comes up with this stuff! Every time the IT guys mess with this it just makes it more frustrating for everyone!

• Lisa SW

Oh, but I want to be demoted:))) There’s a thread that many who frequent my thread are regulars on. At some point Houzz moved it to Other. Emily H posted to inform everyone. This of course stirred controversy; I understood the rationale but others were outraged and I think someone used the word demoted. The thread remains strong but an elk head (moved a long time ago) is no longer on the home page. I wouldn’t mind the same with my chandelier. A new thread? Hmmmmm....furniture arrangement for blind dogs?

• ladma

Part of the problem is there is no way to close a post from future comments. I just got a notification from a post that was closed a year ago. The OP moved, and that was no longer her kitchen. A newbie found it and made a comment. Then the seagull flew in and screeched, “ 9000 comments and you still haven’t fixed it!? “ A quick check of the last few date stamps should be enough to let a reader know a post is no longer active, but.......

• pink_peony

Is anyone having issues with the sketch? Every time I hit save it takes one of the objects and does something weird with it. Here is an example

Projects · More Info

The tray was on the table with the objects in it and when I hit save it floated the tray there in outer space. Once save is hit I cant go back and move it back in or anything so the only solution is to start all over. It also is going weird stuff like you see under the table there. Leaving a portion white?

• tedbixby

Looks like something Samantha would do on Bewitch-lol.

On my laptop I only get this floating when I put too many items into the sketch. Usually I know it will do that as the items start blinking while I'm still in the sketch. Never had the white added.

Side note: I have no idea what you gals are referring to as far as being demoted or what is "other.

Lynn- Except for an easy answer to a few post, both on the GW or DD, I haven't spent much time outside of helping my log home gal on Houzz and probably won't be back on much in the near future as I'm moving forward with a big reno on my house and have just gotten the 1st blush of the plans back from the architect which means I have my own dilemma's to answer to now-lol...

but I miss you, too, and often think what would Lynn be thinking about what to do with this. By the way, did I tell you that Morocco was fabulous? I bought some beautiful hand embroided pillow covers for $5. I felt I was stealing them!! I want to go back..

• lynartist

I’m sad Ted:(!!! Who am I going to live vicariously by now!!! I’m sure your new house Reno will be fabulous!!! WAiT!!! Your house was already fabulous!!! What the heck!!! Do check in time to time though... sigh...!

• lynartist

Ahhh!! Really:(! You know Ted; you are a truly talented and gracious person that I always loved interacting with! Generous too! Not many like you❤️

• tedbixby

Lynn- you are so sweet :) and made my day with your kind words.

Now I'm getting notifications from businesses that have a "page" on Houzz for advertising their business. I guess Houzz has figured out another way to get a "click" for advertising... lucky us peons.

Flo Mangan

Be nice if they could get photos to post! What a mess!!

• tedbixby

Wow- anyone else experiencing comments posted on threads are not in date sequence? I have one where my current comment showed up in the middle of the thread and another one where the current comments are showing up at the beginning. Hoping it is a not a long term problem as I just noticed it last night. Wonder where this one will end up..

• ladma

It’s not happening on the iPad app. But I’ve read multiple complaints from multiple users on multiple threads. I’m just still unable to see pictures reliably. :/

• rredpenn

The sequence of comments is backwards, (newest posts on top and working down instead of comments appearing in sequential order w newest post last)...

...but the "make a comment" box is still at the bottom of the thread on the web version. So much for continuity of conversation...

I'm sure this will be addressed, but I'm sending an alert to the help desk about it anyhow. I will reference this thread in the email too.

• lynartist

I have noticed the scrambled posting problems! The photo problems persist of course but I have given up thinking that will be resolved!

• DLM2000-GW

As usual it depends on how you're accessing the forums. I came here to read lynartist's latest comments through my notifications and they were in order of newest at the top. I'm on an Android phone using a chrome browser and using my saved gardenweb URL bookmarks, never ever do I used the app, don't even have it. When I open a thread that way it reads the way it always has, oldest comments at the top going down to the newest. But if I access that very same thread from a link in my notifications the URL switches to a houzz web address and comments are in reverse order, newest at the top. And in addition I can't comment on a thread if I've accessed it through notifications. Each successive word I type erases the one preceding. I have to back out of that link and re-access the forum and thread from my browser in order to comment. It's just amateur hour around here :-/

• lynartist

DLM, I am on the app. The threads read from oldest down to the newest; always have. It’s an easy “ tap” to shoot down the page to the bottom to comment on the latest post. I have noticed that there are complaints on other threads on a change of format about this but I don’t know how the comments load on other devices....

• tedbixby

So TODAY and AT THE MOMENT the scrambling has stopped and is back to the newest comments at the end of the the thread on my lap top.

• DLM2000-GW

@ tedbixby hahaha on the necessary qualifiers because really, no one knows when this will all change or how. But we can be pretty sure it will at some point and mess things up for many of us again. Wouldn't you just love to know if they carry out performance reviews for Houzz IT? Have to wonder how that goes..... Oh you only infuriated 50% of our members? pffffftttt we can live with that. Here's a raise in advance of our going public and keep up the good work. :-D

• lynartist

Heehee! I always cringe when an “ update” comes!

• tedbixby

I actually am thinking of sending the IT department flowers and thanking them as they have put me on the road to recovery regarding my Houzz addiction. I find that I do have another life without having to be on Houzz almost every waking hours and having to deal with the thread problems which are usually more of a problem than the OP's!

• lynartist

Ted! You crack me up! My Houzz time has been greatly reduced too!!!

• lynartist

Here we go again!! Had an upgrade on the app and yikes! My “ likes” won’t post and the whole posting configuration is different! When you do post a comment it doesn’t even automatically post! You have to leave the thread and then log back on to see if it posted! And what’s with the split screen? Can’t you guys please just leave well enough alone and stop tormenting us!!!!!!?

• nidnay

And of course when posting a link using the app ....well, that doesn’t work either. Link only connects properly when using a browser.

• ladma

And the pictures still disappear when you scroll on by.

• unwantedadvice

I can only get a link to post when on the app, not the browser. It’s so frustrating. I use the “like” feature to keep track of where I am in a thread and that doesn’t work regardless of app or browser. One day I hit “like” and the person’s avatar vanished!! How funny is that? Came back when I took off my “like.”

Houzz, get this fixed, please.

• unwantedadvice

Plus, I’m not receiving notifications. Help!

• lynartist

What is going on.....

• lynartist

Oh for heavens sake! Now my “ likes” are posting as -1 and then disappearing! This is so frustrating! I’m just over all these crazy changes.

• unwantedadvice

I hear ya!

• lynartist

My avitar keeps disappearing too! People are complaining that their avitar is being replaced by someone else’s !!! Emily!!! Please help here, this is ridiculous!!!

• DLM2000-GW

lynartist I don't think Emily is around anymore or at least she doesn't seem to be responding. I've seen Bea L pop in as a 'houzz helper' on some other threads.

• lynartist

Oh dear! I’m very sorry to hear thatDLM2000! She was always very nice and I liked her very much:(. I’m sure she took quite a lot of aggravation over the years...

• Tilly Teabag

I’m being signed out most times that I scroll up to see my notifications. This means unable to like, comment etc, until I refresh but thatdoesnt always work, only sometimes. Has been happening the last few days.

• lynartist

Hi Tilly! Isn’t this aggravating! I’m so tired of these constant nonsense...

• Lisa SW

It didn’t happen to me, but shwshw’s username started appearing as her real name without her knowledge.

• lynartist

That is shocking and a breach of privacy policy! I’m not sure if anyone has taken over for Emily( who would;)!) but this is just another thorn in the side of Houzz support!!!

• lynartist

Oh c$&p! My post doesn’t show it posted unless I log out!!! This is so frustrating!!!!

• DLM2000-GW

lynartist apparently Emily has not flown the coop - she posted on another thread yesterday on - wait for it - Privacy issues. You can't make this stuff up! It's here, about 10 posts from the end as of now. https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5764723/privacy-issues-on-houzz#n=48

• lynartist

Dlm200, Thanks, I guess she is lying low. I saw that thread on HT but didn’t read it ; it seems everyone is having problems but that privacy issue is most concerning! Yikes!!!!

• Tilly Teabag

Hi Lyn, still happening today, frustrating!

• lynartist

Yes Tilly!
    Still happening; I’m going to take a Long Houzz break! Can’t stand it:(!

• Tilly Teabag

Particularly as it’s the weekend so no mods.

• lynartist

I hope Flo has found us as she has contacted support and wanted them to see this thread!

• lynartist

This comment was from Aug14! I am still not able to “ Like” a comment! I have deleted the app and reinstalled many times so that does Not work!

• lynartist

The split screen issue still persists! My posts don’t actually post unless I leave and come back!!! Just dumb!

Flo Mangan

Yep, same for me.

• lynartist

Oh geez:(((!!!

• tgb1

Hmm - on my laptop today and there’s no drop down from Get Ideas to get into the design dilemmas.
    Have no idea how to access the dilemmas now from the laptop.
    I hate this site...

• lynartist

Oh no! These glitches seem to be getting worse and lasting so much longer.....

• DLM2000-GW

The Gardenweb decorating and conversations tribe was on the verge of a walkout about 18 months ago. We/I set up a site to migrate to but without $$, meaning charging for membership, the limitations are extreme when so much that we do depends on photos. If anyone knows of an existing decor/garden based site that is better run than this one, shoot me a message. The natives here are very restless again.

• lynartist

I know how dissatisfied GW members are! I have never really ventured into GW unfortunately but I know it has such a loyal following! My time spent on Houzz has diminished over time due to the problems of use here. It tiring having to relearn every time there is an upgrade and as I get older I get crankier!

• lynartist

Btw, I would like to “ Like “all your comment everyone but alas am unable:(!