Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
charleee

OLLD 6/5

charleee
10 years ago
Morning all! Sooooo happy to see Sir David posting on a few dilemmas this morning! That can only mean good things, right?

Comments (175)

• elcieg
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Wow, J, you have made good investments. I think the students realize you are not fooling around with your rules. I know PT Judith.

My daughter was at the Newport Navy Base for her training. We loved to go and visit her and stay at the base. Of course we were awakened to taps.
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Thanks Judy, this is the house we are thinking of retiring to. We'll see.
    Here is the one closest to the beach.
    http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p119541

Trust me. They did not look like this when we bought them!

The one for this link had dark paneling on every wall and ceiling.
    Slowly fixed it up. This is how I got experience with remodeling homes.
    Plus the one we own in CT.
    The third we are planning on trying to sell soon, hoping to buy something in Vegas for winters when we retire. This is it.
    http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p112343

Fingers crossed our plans work out.
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Eztia, the caterpillar is so cute!
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I like the caterpillar too! Thanks, EZ. I'm thinking of doing a snake, I'll go to Michaels and get some snakeskin scrapbook paper and just paint the face on.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I also like this one, hehehe:
  • handymam
    10 years ago
    Judy M your houses are beautiful! You have done a nice job on them!
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Hello all..welcome mforr! Nice to have u join the fun!!
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    @Bobbi...yes, I emailed David and he responded..sounds not too bad...nice to have a chance to touch base with him...worried!! I like those cute rocks. Judy, glad u have good luck with your renters..and yes, screening is a good practice, I have been thru that process many times in the past when doing rentals. Missed all the snark on the one thread, other than what was said yest! Wow...all of a certain person's comments r gone.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Hi Judy M, I love them!! I'll take the morning glory bedroom, love all the windows
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Hi jayme Hobbs, nice to be here!
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    Judy M, love the cottage that you want to sell. Are you sure? Go to Vegas and keep this cutie. Call us, we will be there in a heartbeat…not to sleep. We will go for dinner and then come home. Only 90 minutes away. Do you know my part of the Cape?
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I'm outta here guys, not feeling well. On a new diabetes med that makes me sick! Cure one, kill another, right? Everyone have a great night!!!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    What a gorgeous day it was here, the kind you have to save for wintertime thoughts.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Feel better olldbobbi, have a good night
  • nasmijati
    10 years ago
    @David of Ironwood. I am happy to read that you felt well enough today to communicate in the cyber world! I am sending healing thoughts to you.
    Auntie Eztia
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Judy, the one we want to sell is too small for us to retire to and if we sell the proceeds will be the down payment for Vegas (where my daughter, son in law and granddaughter are.
    Plus, managing three houses is not getting any easier as we get older.
    It is a very cute house.

I prefer the "beach rose" BR in the other house, the sun rises on Morning Glory BR very early as it faces east, but it also faces the beach, about a block away.
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Where r u on the Cape? My son went to MMA.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    That's ok for me, I'm usually up before the sun except on the longest days. Sunrise is my friend
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Thanks Handymam and eztia.
    Worked very hard and spent a lot of $$$ on those houses, good investment, tho.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Wow, we are having a wicked thunderstorm right now! Heavy rain, lightning and thunder.... it's so loud!
  • handymam
    10 years ago
    You are right Judy, we own 3 other homes as well. My Mother in law is in one, my daughter is in one and we have a sort of duplex that is rented out. I put a lot of sweat equity into all of them as well as my own home, but it will be good when we retire to have all of them to sell or keep renting. It is where I cut my teeth on a lot of my handymam skills, because I didnt want to pay someone to do what I could learn to do!
  • handymam
    10 years ago
    Hate to say this to any hockey fans from the Boston area, but I am off to watch the Pittsburgh Penguins redeem themselves hopefully! Let's Go Pens!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Have a good time handymam, I'm an old hockey fan, I remember watching with my parents. Phil Esposito, Guy Lafleur, later on Ron Duguay and Gretzky. Went out for drinks with Mark Messier and Brian Leetch with some of my friends after meeting them at the Garden
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Judy, here's my friend sunrise at my beach
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Mforr, stunning.
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    judym, were you asking me where I am? Orleans…9 tenths of mile from Wequassett Inn. A great location as I can also get over to East Dennis/Sesuit in about 15 minutes.

Just about right of the D of Cape Cod.
    The Little House on Cape Cod · More Info
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    handymaM, right now it is 1-1, Bruins/Pittsburg. Bruins are playing home, but your team is really great.

But, I am Boston…Celtics, Pats and Bruins. My husband is making an awful lot of noise.
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    angela, have you not heard the news? We are professionals !
  • nasmijati
    10 years ago
    @mforr. What a delight for you each morning!
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Oh but we are, aren't we.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Feel better Bobbi, how is the weather Kimdee, welcome mforr and Judy M
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    It was quite a storm, went on for a while. Big wind knocked over my 80lb umbrella stand, and my patio furniture was sliding across the deck. It's over now, but it was a good one.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Robin saw this and thought of you
    http://www.hometalk.com/b/172866/backyard-escapes
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Kimdee-that is not good, I was saying today that I think that it is going to be a rainy season..
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    Bonsoir, mes amie.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Roo. Roo shouldn't you be checking in. How are you
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    I was at the Mis when the storm started with a patient. Didn't hear a darned thing.

@angela - those are awesome! The more I look at pictures, the more anxious I get to get outside and get on it!!! Darned rain needs to get lost!!!

@bobbi - I absolutely adore those rocks and really really really want to try them. Any idea what kind of paint you use?
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    @mforr- welcome to the group of some of the bestest ladies I've had the pleasure of chatting with!
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Except for Roo who only causes trouble!!!! Watch it mforr - I do get a little dangerous and with BH home on Saturday Lord knows what moods I will be in.

Hi all, busy busy day, my second last day of freedom, have to get the whole house scrubbed. Of course I just love housework so much I'm readily sidetracked planting all my new plants, measuring up and working out what colour to use for an new area rug I want to dash out and buy tomorrow. Found the rug yesterday and it was on sale and then reduced again for our long weekend but the guy will give me the discount now. Brought home a small version in a glorious stone colour, I just love but it just sits and yawns at the room. Don't you just love that.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Hi olldroo, hope you got a lot accomplished!! Just woke up to see the first tropical storm for Atlantic season has formed. Poo!!!! It's a bit early for all that. It does share my sisters name, can't tell if that's good or bad for the storm!! :)
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Robin, just regular craft paint from Michaels, then sealed with a gloss UV resistant sealer!
  • evierh
    10 years ago
    JudyM – What adorable houses!! Bing can sometimes be very dumb .. I can’t find “Scarborough, RI” or “Scarborough Beach” .. it comes up (finally) as Narragansett. I thought seriously about retiring to the Tiverton area, until I checked out the winter snowfalls, compared to NJ. What is URI .. I think I must have missed part of the conversation.

Now that so much of my income is from NJ tax-exempt bonds, I feel like I’m locked in here. I also find that if you’re hooked in with organizations & have responsibilities, there’s almost no time of year when you can get away for a couple of months to a rental.

Mforr - It’s so foggy here this morning, I just heard a loud fog horn; probably one of the commercial fishing boats out of Point Pleasant, heading out the Manasquan Inlet!
  • evierh
    10 years ago
    PS - I JUST CREATED OLLD - 6/6!
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Yes, Scarborough Beach is in Narragansett, about 20 to 30 mins to Newport.
    The area is also referred to as Pt. Judith.
    The ferry to Block Island is very close, as well.
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    ASTRAEA . Univeersity of Rhode Island is URI.
  • nasmijati
    10 years ago
    @judyg. Thanks for the translation. I think of URI as "upper respiratory infection!"
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Won't let me post to the OLLD 6/6 thread, sorry I can't answer you guys, no I didn't go to sleep :)
    Maybe I was thrown out?
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Check your settings maybe.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Thanks Angela, switched to iPad, nite :)