Software
Houzz Logo Print
jacoblockcuff

2018 Seed Orders

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hey everyone! I'm just curious as to what everyone that still views this forum is ordering for seeds this next year. I'll be waiting until spring to get a lot of seeds at a local old-time feed store, as they're much cheaper there (seed potatoes for example), but I am ordering some seeds from Southern Seed Exchange and Pine Tree Seeds, as I've heard good things about them from the folks over on the Oklahoma forums. I consider myself fairly lucky to have quite a few seeds in the freezer that either my great grandparents saved many, many years ago or that someone in my family recently bought but never really used. I don't have to buy too many. Here's my list:

1. Tomatoes

a. Yellow Brandywine (SSE)

b. Abraham Lincoln (SSE)

c. Sungold F1 (Pine Tree)

d. Mortgage Lifter (Freezer)

e. Cherokee Purple (Freezer)

f. Red Brandywine (Freezer)

g. Black Krim (Freezer)

h. Yellow Pear and Red Pear (Freezer)

2. Peppers

a. Jasmyn Rissie Hot Pepper (SSE)

b. Anaheim Chile (Pine Tree)

c. Ghost Pepper Bhut Jolokia (Pine Tree)

d. California Wonder Bell (Pine Tree)

3. Lettuce

a. Rouge Grenobloise (my all time favorite) (Pine Tree)

b. Ice Queen (Pine Tree)

c. Merlot (Freezer)

d. Freckles (Pine Tree)

4. Spinach

a. Bloomsdale Long Standing (Freezer)

5. Cabbage

a. Greyhound (In the ground)

b. Cour Di Bue (In the ground)

c. Brunswick (Freezer)

d. Early Flat Dutch (SSE)

6. Broccoli

a. Imperial F1 (Pine Tree)

7. Cauliflower

a. Snow Crown F1 (Pine Tree)

8. Kolhrabi

a. Early Purple Vienna (Pine Tree)

9. Swedes

a. Helenor (Pine Tree)

10. Carrots

a. St. Valery (Freezer)

b. Scarlet Nantes (Freezer)

11. Parsnips

a. Harris Model (SSE)

12. Turnips (Feed Stores)

13. Radishes (Feed Stores and Freezer)

14. Potatoes (Feed Stores)

15. Onions

a. Australian Brown Intermediate (SSE)

16. Leeks

a. American Flag (SSE)

17. Collards:

a. Alabama Blue (SSE)

18. Kale

a. Red Russian (Freezer)

19. Peas

a. Tall Telephone (Alderman) (Pine Tree)

20. Brussel Sprouts

a. Jade Cross (Pine Tree)

21. Beans

a. hopefully "Nadine" (Freezer)

b. Top Crop (Freezer)

c. Maybe Cowpeas (Freezer)

22. Cucumbers

a. Boston Pickling (Freezer)

23. Squash

a. Black Beauty Zucchini (Freezer)

b. Yellow Crookneck (Freezer)

c. Seminole Pumpkins (SSE)

24. Beets

Detroit Red (Freezer)

I am trying to keep it cheap this year, as I spent too much last year. I'm probably forgetting some. What's your guys' lists?

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting