Software
Houzz Logo Print
darren2335

Painted walls SW Alabaster. Which gray for trim & kitchen cabinets?

8 years ago

I painted my entire downstairs Sherwin Williams Alabaster. I used a flat sheen on the ceilings, egg shell on the walls, and semi-gloss for the window trim. The original plan was to have the painters come in Feb 12th to paint the kitchen cabinets, island, and media center Alabaster too in a semi-gloss but now we are thinking we need some contrast.


What gray compliments Alabaster walls? We are thinking to leave the walls and kitchen cabinets white, but paint all the baseboards, window trim, and center kitchen island gray. Out of curiosity, I painted some of the window trim Mindful Gray and it looks decent enough (I guess). But, after reading Lori's posts about the color wheel, I am not sure if the Mindful Gray's hue angle and chroma compliments Alabaster like it is supposed to?


Any advice?


Hue Angle

Alabaster - 100

Gauntlet Gray - 81 (same yellow hue family)

Dovetail - 84 (same yellow hue family)

Mindful Gray - 94 (same yellow hue family, but too close to Alabaster?)

Repose Gray - 94 (same yellow hue family, but too close to Alabaster?)

Argos - 127 (too green)

Gray Matters - 141 (too green)


Comments (6)