Software
Houzz Logo Print
ukns

What should I put above my couch??

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
Should I put a different mirror above or do some kind of picture collage? Also what kind of pillows would go with these ones?
Thanks so much :)
p.s. anything else I can do to spruce it up please!

Comments (22)

  • 13 years ago
    I like your wall color. I would take down the mirror, and put up wall decal of white birch tree branches on that whole wall. I think you could use some pillows and an area rug to introduce some pop of color.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you! Yes the mirror is definitely coming down, it went with the old couch we had before.
  • 13 years ago
    Depending on what's on the other side of the wall I would do a cut out 3' high 7' long and place beautiful art along it. This will also open up your space. Now if its already open space being that this photo only shows one view, simple artwork would be just as fantastic
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks decoenthusiaste! As soon as we put the 3 mirrors up I thought they were too high so I will change that! I'm not sure what kind of pattern for the rug though, I'm trying to keep the accent colors white and black but I feel like if I have black and white patterns for the rug it would be too much. I was thinking like an ombre grey color? And for the shades I could go black and white horizontal stripped? Also thanks for the tip on hanging decor, I never knew what the length was for that :)
  • 13 years ago
    Check homedecorators.com just to browse rugs and you may see something you love.
  • 13 years ago
    what other color could I use as an accent color in this room?? thanks!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I found these cushions so far :)
    Cream Beige Rust Brown Olive Green Pillow Cover 16 in SIENNA DESIGN · More Info


    this for your wall
    Audrey Hepburn' Print by Maxwell Dickson, 16"x20" · More Info
    ]
  • 13 years ago
    Mirror is too small. Do you have a lot of photos? How about a long narrow shelf, painted the color of the wall where you can prop photos or art work.
  • 13 years ago
    Yes! mirror is from old couch lol and not really, I was thinking a picture frame collage :) I do like black and white art
  • 13 years ago
    For rugs I would send you to Overstock.com They have an incredible selection and outstanding prices. If you find a rug you like, be sure to read the reviews for it. You can get a great feel for how actual buyers like it.
  • 13 years ago
    I would add some pillows with some coral color in it. It would go well with everything.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Your new sofa looks so comfortable and inviting...I really like the color too! I normally create work in bright vivid primary colors, but lately I have been experimenting with a more muted tone and I am happy with the results so far. When I saw your space, I was curious to see how my prints would look in a "real life" room. Thank you for sharing. :)
  • 13 years ago
    Wow!! thanks so much Terracegallery! I never thought to use blue! :) I definitely love the first piece of art and the color scheme of the third one!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thanks Maddy...feel free to look over my portfolio here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-sharon-cummings.html?tab=artworkgalleries I give HOUZZ discounts, so do not be shy!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    a nice metal wall hanging would be nice....and then warm it up with a few pillows. maybe an area rug in front for additional texture.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Take down the mirror and add a nice piece of art work
  • 13 years ago
    The mirror...like I said is coming down..I hate that mirror.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I think the first piece of art goes with the couch well, nice mockups Sharon. It also brings in needed color, the larger size looks right.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You could add more blue as well with the first piece.....
  • 10 years ago

    I like the three mirrors next to the window, but I would move the top mirror down to the bottom, keeping the spacing between mirrors the same. The mirror above the sectional is too small, but it would look great above a small table in the foyer, and the aqua color would help tie together the color scheme throughout the house. The three paintings are beautiful, but they are too small for the area. I would suggest you put large mattes around them and have them framed so that they match and are much larger. Then, find a place where they take up adequate wall space. I would consider breaking up the sofa and putting the chaise part on a wall by itself and moving the rest of the seating piece to another wall. Dark teal and dark brown throw pillows would accentuate all your colors very well.

  • 10 years ago

    This is almost 3 years old. Check the date before responding as Houzz has a key word generator that pulls up old long dead threads based on what you're reading.