Software
Houzz Logo Print
ilian_iliev56

Advice for decoration

8 years ago


Hello

I have just finished with renewing my apartment (color changed) but I am still not happy with the finished project. Maybe some decoration will help. If someone can advice me I will be very happy , because I am out of any ideas.

Comments (13)

  • 8 years ago

    What an interesting room! Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but I thought I would bump the thread to hopefully get some responses.

    Is the ceiling mirrored, or lacquered?

    Ilian Iliev thanked cawaps
  • 8 years ago
    I would definitely add a rug, maybe an ottoman as well. use the curtains as another attention grabber with a fun design that pulls in the colors of your space
  • 8 years ago
    also, could add some geometric wall art in the colors to give the room a pop - the deep purple would be nice
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    If I had to describe this room in one word it would be cold. Warm it up with rugs, some color, and some natural elements like natural wood, plants, wicker, leather, anything.

    A lot of the design choices don't have much cohesion either. The white TV stand looks stark against all the darker colors. The wood trim around the door feels out of place because there's no other wood in a natural finish in the room. And the cutouts don't seem to have a purpose. You need to work on bringing all of these design choices you made together so they flow.

    Ilian Iliev thanked Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • 8 years ago

    The room is bigger than you can see in this photo ....it is a big room one one side is the living room and on the other side is the kitchen. I will upload the other side of the room so you can create a better view

  • 8 years ago

    It is stretched vinyl ceiling

  • 8 years ago

    I like your room, and I don't actually find it cold -- more cool and calm, and sophisticated. I like the Mondrian-style panel art. I agree with the comments above that the white TV stand doesn't work with the rest; cream would be better. I think i'd also take the small shelf away -- and please don't use small items on the stand. As a 'supporting act', fine, but not on their own. Consider one really tall, dramatic vase with two smaller items forming a triangle -- a bowl and a figurine or statuette, perhaps. This kind of arrangement:


  • 8 years ago

    I think the white TV stand is fine; it’s echoed in the base of the couch and in the frame of the art. I agree it’s crying out for some life. A plant or three would be nice.

    Not crazy about the dining room rug.

  • 8 years ago

    If I were to sit down in that room to open make l or read or grade papers (I’m a teacher) I would want a place to stack papers, good task lighting, and a place to set down a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Have you thought about some kind of coffee table?

    Ilian Iliev thanked Lois Huneycutt
  • 8 years ago

    I agree with Lois about the dining room rug. It doesn't seem right for the room in terms of pattern -- too wild and woolly, somehow -- and I think it's too small. Coffee table very good idea.


  • 8 years ago

    Yes I was thinking to put black table in front of the sofa - this will be for sure and in the small figure on the wall I will paint the inner white also in black color - I think it will be nice

  • 8 years ago

    i like rinas addition of a teal vase. do you like teal? I do not know that i would put a black table. i was thinking more of gold or silver with a glass top? could i see a pic of the couch full on?

    Modern Furniture and Decor for your Home and Office · More Info
    or a natural would help warm the place up some.
    Living Room Coffee Table with Steel Base Bowl Shaped - Reclaimed Wood · More Info


Sponsored
Whisler Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals