Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_hughes48

Printed Fabric Help

S Hughes
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have a cornice board covered in a printed fabric and i would like to know if i can use a geometric print on the pillows or a stripe and use navy blue for some pillows to add some interest? My sofa is a beige with some gray in it. Suggestions?

Valance in teals, beige, brown, cream

Comments (16)

• torreykm
    6 years ago

Absolutely. Is the background of the cornice navy or green?

• S Hughes
    Original Author
    6 years ago

It is a darker teal with some green in it. We are remodeling the room so i didnt add more pics..its a mess :) And we are getting a new sofa and loveseat. im going for a rustic / Potterybarn style if that makes sense.

• PRO
    North Coast Interiors
    6 years ago

Stripes, yes, in the beige family, and the dark color with beige.

S Hughes thanked North Coast Interiors
  • susanzone5 (NY)
    6 years ago

Make sure the blues are the same tone.

S Hughes thanked susanzone5 (NY)
  • havingfun
    6 years ago

yes should be more teal. geometric should be not a busy one. let me try some

Amazon.com: Luxbon Set of 4 Pcs Vintage Style Peacock Print Cushion Cover Durabl · More Info

Amazon.com: 【Bailand】Set of 4 Modern Geometric Country Cushion cover,Sofa cushio · More Info

Pillows Under $35 Sale | Joss & Main · More Info
    Damask Bird Pattern Throw Pillow Cover, 18", Blue Tones, Cotton · More Info
    Amazon.com: Vanki abstract style Cotton Linen Square Decorative Throw Pillow Cas · More Info
    hard to tell precise colors, i would mix 1 or more of these with appropriate solid colors.

S Hughes thanked havingfun
  • S Hughes
    Original Author
    6 years ago

these are the paint colors i am trying to choose from. Excuse the mess :) Im leaning towards the second color from the top. I added a better pic of the fabric above the window. I also have a distressed tv stand in the dark teal color. I also like the bottom color.

• havingfun
    6 years ago

see on my monitor, it reads as gray and black and of course teal. whereas your wall colors read more beige.

• S Hughes
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The fabric manufacturer is P/Kaufmann Fabrics. I do not know the name of the pattern.

• Judy Mishkin
    6 years ago

stay away from trellis tho, if those drapes are staying.

S Hughes thanked Judy Mishkin
  • S Hughes
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The drapes are not staying. I may just go with a solid and do a geometric print rug in a lighter color and small scale print.

• katinparadise
    6 years ago

I did a google image search and it came up as Duralee Peacock, which is discontinued. I found a coordinating fabric in the book and did find someone who still sells it.

https://www.housefabric.com/-42115-23-P108645.aspx It's fairly expensive but one yard should get you two pillows easily.

S Hughes thanked katinparadise
  • S Hughes
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Looking for an area rug for room. im going for rustic modern farmhouse. Is this rug to busy to go with this fabric? the fabric is on a cornice above window.

• S Hughes
    Original Author
    6 years ago

or should i go with a natural jute rug and add color with throw pillows, etc

• katinparadise
    6 years ago

I love jute-I have one myself-but I think that rug could work as well. It's not rustic or farmhouse though. Definitely more on the traditional side. Looking at your fireplace, I think jute would work nicely with it but it would help to see what you're working with for furniture, etc.

• S Hughes
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I love the show Fixer Upper where Joanna Gaines uses jute rugs in her rustic farmhouse designs.