Software
Houzz Logo Print
valjoepat

resale value

13 years ago
Is having a 2-tone kitchen set-up too risky for resale?
jane Lockhart Interior Design · More Info

Comments (8)

  • 13 years ago
    I would like to know that as well
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Yes it does look like "people" who purchase new kitchens for their homes still think that way. You dont know what circumstances those people are in order to ask a question like this.

    By example,.. I am German and I live in the USA but i know I will not be here forever... Maybe something for you as a designer / business to consider and not to judge.
  • 12 years ago
    In my area, many higher end kitchens have 2-tone kitchens. Using two colors in a larger kitchen with a lot of cabinets can add variety and look great if done well. In my opinion, this kitchen looks great with the two tones and would look much less interesting if all the cabinets were one color. In regards to resale, stick with more neutral colors to appeal to a larger market. Also consider your area, the size of your kitchen and your target market.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you, Rafprop. We are building a new home and I asked the builder to do the two different cabinets as I thought it looked more custom than just the "stock" kitchen. I also am doing a dark granite on the dark cabinets (wall) with a light granite on the white cabinets (island) to give more custom feel as well. The house is in a development and I'm trying to not have it look so cookie cutter. Builder is also on board with it, too.
  • 12 years ago
    I'm a visual artist and a designer. Personally, I think if it is well designed and aesthetically fits the home, it is an asset! - verses a poorly designed single tone kitchen. I am doing a combo - Grey painted and Walnut kitchen now. Should be a fabulous change from my tired pickled cherry.
  • 12 years ago
    Just an update - love my kitchen!!! The island does not look like cabinets but like a piece of furniture. It is exactly as I envisioned and I have gotten great compliments on it. One of my husband's employees even stated it looked like a model home. The white island also keeps the area bright and open.
  • 12 years ago
    Martha , I'd love to see a picture of your kitchen and Island!
Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting