Software
Houzz Logo Print
seashell456

Neutral color for multiple areas

8 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some suggestions on a paint color to be used for most of a first-floor remodel, including an open great room, kitchen, dining area, and entryway. The great room has 2-story windows, and almost all of the floor's windows are west facing - so they get some bright direct afternoon sunlight, and are obviously shaded in the morning.


I'm looking for a lighter neutral that we won't get tired of in a few years. The floors will be Hallmark Balboa, which is a lighter driftwood-colored oak. The kitchen cabinets will be white (not stark white but they look white unless compared to a real stark white, definitely not cream or gray), and the countertops will be a white/off-white with grayish veining, although they haven't been selected yet.


Generally want something that's not cold... I've tried some of the popular shades... BM Balboa Mist, shows some purple tones in some lights/areas, which I want to avoid. BM Revere Pewter is a bit dark and shows a bit greenish, as does Edgecomb Gray. My favorite has been BM Classic Gray, as I don't see any odd tones but it appears a pretty warmer gray, but it's very light and perhaps looks like white/washed out in the brighter times of day. I've painted these on boards and moved them around the house.


Just looking for a good suggestion, since it's a large area and 2-story, don't want to repaint for a good long while. Thank you!

Comments (4)