Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosiewells7b

Japanese Sunrise

rosiewells7b
5 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has one and could show me pictures and tell me your experiences with this variety?

It sounds wonderful and beatiful but it always means more when I can hear from people who actually might be growing this variety.

Or! If you have a suggestion for a Japanese Maple that would be about 15-20 ft tall and vase shaped that they could recommend I would welcome those suggestions as well. (I want to stay away from the red/burgundy ones since I have one nearby where this new tree will be going.)

Comments (6)

• rosiewells7b
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Gardengal, that was my fear about the disease susceptibility. I would absolutely hate to lose it after a few years. My mom has a beautiful old coral bark maple that she lost a portion of to last year to disease.

Do you perhaps have any recommendations for something that has some of the characteristics of the one above? We do have the deep red maple nearby to where we plan to place the new one so would love something that would complement that. Right in front of the maple is also a dogwood tree.

Sorry about the woodpile. My husband cut down a few trees and is giving the wood away but the people haven’t come to pick it up yet. I told him it is messing with my aesthetic :/. But at least the sweetgum trees are gone!

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

I would consider 'Orange Dream', Katsura, 'Linearlobum' or Seiryu'.

rosiewells7b thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • rosiewells7b
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks gardengal. I will check them out!

• Mens Tortuosa(5b Omaha, NE)
    5 years ago

I don't know how you feel about yellow fall color, but the green-barked maples Aoyagi and Ukon are not disease-prone and they make a great contrast to red-leafed trees. Aoyagi grows more vigorously than Ukon. The leaves may burn some if kept in full sun.

rosiewells7b thanked Mens Tortuosa(5b Omaha, NE)
  • rosiewells7b
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Mens, I love yellow colored maples as well and so does my husband. That could be a really nice pairing, I think. I will check them out and thank you for the suggestions!

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm