Software
Houzz Logo Print
robdbeal

Fairy Castle Sport

8 years ago

Hi everybody, I tried to find out if there had been any other instances of this occurring so I did a general search with the title of the topic and found no results. Has anybody on this forum that has a Fairy Castle Cactus (Cereus tetragonus) ever noticed any sports on their cactus? Just before I sat mine out from the being in the house all winter, I noticed this decently sized sport on mine, growing out from the base of the cactus. It appeared completely different from any previous growth on the plant. I detached it from the parent plant and potted it up without any gloves and noticed there weren't really any spines on it, or at least not of a size to be noticeably irritating. I guess I'll see if it maintains its different type of growth pattern.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County