Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilyfinch

Pretty soul sister

One of my favorite roses is soul sister. It smells fantastic, and really glows . I love it !

Comments (22)

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Well what the heck . I had 4 photos here :(

• hcarnevale
    5 years ago

Beautiful. I’m waiting for mine to bloom.

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked hcarnevale
  • Tiffandrew-So.CA/9b
    5 years ago
    Gorgeous Lilyfinch! she looks so frilly and pretty! And now I have the Train song in my head, "Hey Soul Sister..." but it's a good thing because I love that song!
    Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked Tiffandrew-So.CA/9b
  • Claire Z5 IL
    5 years ago

I just got a own root Soul Sister after reading comments from you and others on this forum. Excited!

BTW, the label rated frangrance as “moderate” for this one. Hope it will be more than moderate!

Claire

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked Claire Z5 IL
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    5 years ago

I love mine too

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
    5 years ago

I have a Soul Sister behind one of the At Last roses and they are darn near identical. Soul Sisters blooms are larger and she looks to be taller. At Last bloom are smaller but many more of them and she is shorter and more round in shape.

Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks y'all ! Great review of that patty! I still want at last, does it hold its form better than soul sister?

Claire, soul sister I can smell around the bed it is in. I think that's pretty good!

Tiff , she is frilly! A little wild looking but I adore it !

• modestgoddess z6 OH
    5 years ago

mine had a great May flush, its taking a break now but I expect more blooms

• Z. W.
    5 years ago

I didn’t know they were so light. I like them infinitely better than the more saturated orange colors I’ve seen before.

5 years ago

Claire, that is gorgeous, worth the wait

• enchantedrosez5bma
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Lilyfinch- your roses are stunning. I love the companions you planted with them. I bought two own root from Northland this spring because of your praise. One has quite a few buds. The other none. This seems to be a rose that doesn't like languishing in a pot since the planted one is far ahead of the potted one I just finally planted yesterday. I'm anxiously awaiting the blooms and the scent everyone raves about. The planted one has put out a lot of growth and is very healthy so far. She seems like a winner!

sharon

• KarenPA_6b
    5 years ago

I also await blooms on my Soul Sister that I got from the J&P sale recently. Both Soul Sister and Savannah are really robust growers. THey took off after planting right away compared to others that I got at the same time.

Original Author
    5 years ago

That's great Sharon and Karen that you both got them ! I really love mine. Just gave my plants another round of fertilizer so can't wait for the next round of blooms!

• KarenPA_6b
    5 years ago

Just want to thank you Lilyfinch for recommending this rose! Its beauty, color, and performance have made many of my days better this summer. Still blooming today after frost.

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked KarenPA_6b
  • cyndita (west coast zone 9)
    5 years ago

Beautiful, Karen!

• modestgoddess z6 OH
    5 years ago

looks great, Karen

• Claire Z5 IL
    5 years ago

A couble of pictures of SS from this year. She has great vase life!

• Claire Z5 IL
    5 years ago

A few pictures of SS from this year. She lasts really long as cut flower!

Claire

• KarenPA_6b
    5 years ago

Wow, those are so gorgeous, Claire! Glad to know that it makes a great cutting flower. In spite of night temps in the 30's, my SS is unfazed. Such a wonderful rose!

• Seeingreen
    5 years ago

I’m excited I just got Soul Sister. It will be interesting to see what she does in a costal climate.

5 years ago

I cant wait to see pictures. I sure like mine

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm