Software
Houzz Logo Print
talkstoself

Post-Harvey help, rebuild opinions needed please...

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Maybe it's because the last 9 months since Hurricane Harvey dumped 3 feet of water in our house, and we've been living in a hotel), but I've had to make so many decisions on the fly, so to speak, I just can't pull the trigger on this one. I need opinions on two fans.

The house is a 1956 Mid Century Modern. We pulled up all of the original quarter sawn hardwoods and poured concrete, because this was our second flood. So we have polished concrete floors (a nightmare and story for another post), we'll have cherry butcherblock countertops and bar, I've bought the Big Chill Pro line stove / range and dishwasher is orange (yes - orange). They delivered two different shades, so again, another problem (it's been a theme!). With the orange appliances and cherry counters I'll have a gorgeous 3d-like, geometric, white backsplash. The fan will be in the large open space that is the main room and kitchen. So, grey with stone aggregate polished concrete flooring, cherry butcherblock countertops and long bar, orange / stainless appliances and white backsplash.

I'm torn between Modern Fan Co Torsion Fan in Bright Nickel (body) and Nickle blades or the Altus in the standard aluminum / brushed aluminum. [Torsion in Nickle / Bright Nickle[(https://www.houzz.com/products/modern-fan-company-torsion-bright-nickel-62-ceiling-fan-prvw-vr~13973369) Or [Altus in Aluminum / Brushed Alum[(https://www.houzz.com/products/modern-fan-company-altus-brushed-aluminum-42-ceiling-fan-prvw-vr~79068555)

I *have* also considered one of the above fans with wood tone blades. Maybe the ceiling area needs wood to tie in the countertops and the teak table it will be over.

Thanks in advance. (p.s. - the fan will be 52", I know one of the images says 62")

Lori in Houston

Comments (5)