0

newbie looking for cuttings

dmcfvan16

I am a newbie looking for plant cutting for houseplants in side and outdoor plants. I lost all my plants when we moved and i only i have one outdoor plant ant 2 houseplants. I am trying to get back to were i was before having a lot of plants

• nancyjane_gardener

I get a lot of stuff from FREECYCLE and NEXTDOOR. We also have a garden exchange that is connected to freecycle, but it's local and there isn't much activity.

dmcfvan16 thanked nancyjane_gardener
  • PaperFinch

I'll send you some in exchange for postage. I've got way too many. Message me and we'll exchange addresses. Thanks!

• Karen S. (7b, NYC)

Hi DMC,

I too have seen plants on Freecycle, it's worth a look. Also look & ask at friends & neighbors.

You also might try your local stores, coffee shops, dry cleaners. If you see something growing there that appeals to you, use your best manners while asking if they'd consider allowing you to take a couple of cuttings, I've even offered a couple of bucks (they usually turn down the money). It's worked for me several times.