Software
Houzz Logo Print
jk_c

Kitchen remodel help

8 years ago

I had a thread about two years ago where I got help with my kitchen layout. https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/3259265/kitchen-layout-help#n=24

Buehl created a wonderful layout for us that we are planning on generally moving forward with.






Now that we have had time to save up money and are considering moving forward with the project I am back for more specific help.

We have a planned $50,000 budget for this project (hopefully it is enough). Since two years ago we have added a pantry in the casual dining area as funkycamper recommended. The pantry is ikea cabinetry and I am hoping that the doors and panels can be changed out when we choose the rest of our cabinetry.




I would like to be able to raise the dropped ceiling at least 6 inches so that we can get a more traditional 8 feet ceiling height. Here is a picture from the family room. Would it look ok to take the vaulted ceiling into the kitchen? Is that way out of my price range?




Does anyone have feedback about either the design, my budget or great ideas we can incorporate. The kitchen is pretty small so we definitely need to maximize space.


Design wise we now have medium toned oak look vinyl plank floors so I am thinking we will go with painted cabinets to not clash with the flooring.



We have extra flooring put aside to refloor the kitchen when it is remodeled. I think i would like to do white cabinets with a blue range. I really love blue but feel the kitchen is too small for different colored cabinets. Don't even know if I could pull off the blue range. I am planning on hiring a kitchen designer (if I can find one, it doesn't seem that easy) but would like to have better ideas when I actually move forward with the project.

Thanks for any advise anyone has.

Joanna

Comments (3)