Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kjoy1

CHURCH PEW DILEMMA

kjoy1
5 years ago
last modified: 6 months ago

Hi guys:) I got my hands on a church pew from the church I went to as a child and was married in. The ideal location I would like to put it is in this bay window near my kitchen table. Pros...it is a perfect spot to sit and watch my kiddos in the backyard and watch the sunset. Cons...I feel like it might be too long for that area and possibly an oak overload with my oak hardwood floors and oak table. Looking forward to your opinions...

Love it
Hate it

Comments (13K)

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    last month

Kjoy Holy Cow it is absolutely gorgeous!! and you are not even close to being finished….just think how amazing it will be!..not worried about the rod..I kinda like to mix the finishes a bit so the gold in the room is not one note…more vintage collected look…but of course up to you…you may end up wanting to tone down the mirror gold once all is togehter..but you will know🤗🥰

• Alice Edwards
    last month

I thought it may be when you were sampling, but it really looks pretty and will change as day light goes by. Kind of double edged sword, the ceiling and trim being a white ish may make it look bluer but if you do the ceiling and trim the same then you have more blue. But really it’s gorgeous either way you toss it! Moulding looks professional! Bed is perfect!

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    last month

Holy Cow is right HIWE 🤗 DH and I can’t believe we are pulling this molding thing off. Looks like pictures I save on Pinterest. Makes my bedroom feel so unique and special…the paint color is icing on the cake. Thank you HIWE and Flo and my houzz peeps for guiding me and encouraging me along the way. I have a long ways to go but I will get there.

• pat1250
    last month

Simply lovely & elegant. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼❤️

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    last month

Thanks pat 🥰

• kcooz07
    last month

Sooo pretty, kjoy. You and OH should be proud! 😅

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    last month

Your hard work has really paid off..it will look like a pintrest post! magazine worthy girl!!🤗

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    last month

Pretty Proud kcooz 🥰

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    last month

Hard work for sure HIWE 😮‍💨 But now that I know how great the first half of the room turned out it is giving me motivation to keep going 💪

• Molly
    last month

Great job Kjoy and DH, I know how hard that is to get the boxes to look right!! Pretty color pain too 🙂

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    last month

Thanks Molly! There was tape, lasers, levels, and swearing involved 😉

• Molly
    last month

I’m sure! LOL

• glschisler
    29 days ago

Oh Kjoy! It is so pretty! I love it! All yours and OH’s hard work is paying off BIG TIME! I am so happy for you!🥰

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    29 days ago

Thank you glschisler 😘

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    29 days ago

I get the swearing part but so well worth it! Looks grand.

• liasch
    29 days ago

Stunning. Puts the bedroom right up over the top in style and elegance. 🥰

• mary44
    28 days ago

Looks amazing KJoy!! You and DH did a fabulous job! Pretty soon you guys are gonna get your own HGTV show! The new Chip and Joanna :)

• DD Deco
    27 days ago

Beautiful, Kjoy!!!! 👏👏😍

• cubby14
    27 days ago

That looks great kjoy, I wish I could convince my hubby to do some kind of molding in our bedroom.

• HU-187528210
    26 days ago

Absolutely beautiful! You are so talented!!! 💙🤍💙

• PRO
    Claws Custom
    22 days ago

Very good! God blessed you with talent keep going

• Molly
    18 days ago

Hi Kjoy, how is your room coming along?

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    18 days ago

Hi Molly and everyone 🙋‍♀️ Sorry wasn’t getting notifications until Molly posted. Flo I hope your move is going smooth. Thank you liasch 😘 Hi Mary haha far from Chip and Joanna especially with all the swearing we are doing R rated 😉 Thank you DD you can relate to my what seems like never ending painting 😫 Cubby molding would look great in your bedroom keep pushing. Thank you HU-18 🥰 Slowly but surely we are moving along custom claws. Molly for the second half of the room I switched it up and painted first. The first half took SO long to paint because of all the trim work. So I finished painting 2 coats on the second half of the room and now it is ready for trim work. I plan on painting all the trim pieces before DH puts them up and then just do touch ups after filling holes and caulking 🤷‍♀️ We shall see if it is easier 🤞

• dsimber
    17 days ago

Kjoy, many years ago, we painted trim to add to our walls. Cut first, then painted. It didn't fit!!! I guess the wood expanded?? I have no recall of the type of wood or paint. You may want to test yours?

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    17 days ago

Ack! 😳

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    17 days ago

Hi kjoy! Thanks for the good moving vibes! Went well. A few hick ups but we are really making progress. Our daughter flew in last night and she is amazing. We have all but maybe 10 boxes unpacked and stowed in organized fashion in the garage. A lot of work but I am so happy. This had to happen for the rest of my plan to evolve. She will leave on Monday so hoping to get all boxes unpacked by then. Yay!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    17 days ago

Your bedroom looks gorgeous. I can’t believe you “cut in” around all that molding. I think your new plan will be much easier!! Gotta run, garage workers are calling!

• happyleg
    17 days ago

What happened?

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    17 days ago

Hi. I am putting up my curtains… should I mount them so I overlaps the molding on the wall or so it hangs along the molding with out overlapping?

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    17 days ago

Silly visual…

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    17 days ago

Nevermind. The studs are dictating where it is going to be mounted. I will just have to make it work…

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    17 days ago

Kjoy no worries they will look beautiful where ever they hang….saw these pillows and thought of you!

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    17 days ago

Tada 😍

• Alice Edwards
    17 days ago

Very very Tada!!!

• Molly
    17 days ago

Looks great! Can we see the other side of the room?

• happyleg
    17 days ago

That looks nice

• kcooz07
    17 days ago

So pretty! 🥰

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    17 days ago

With the mirror…

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    17 days ago

Molly the other side of the room is just painted…doesn’t have the molding yet

• Lizzie Borden
    17 days ago

Beautiful Kjoy!

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    17 days ago

Girl it is Fabulous!! love the mirror right where you have it!…it is so pretty worth the blood,sweat and tears! you are amazing!!

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    16 days ago

I just got notice my drapes are shipped!

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    16 days ago

Thank you everyone 🤗 We are super happy about how everything is coming along 😍

• Parker Murphy
    16 days ago

It is just beautiful Kjoy! I want to sleep there!

• Nora Lambert
    16 days ago

Another beautiful room Kjoy. You are a true inspiration!

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    16 days ago

Thanks guys 🥰

• glschisler
    15 days ago

Beautiful! I am so happy for you!

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    15 days ago

Thank you glschisler 😘

• liasch
    15 days ago

I love the colour that you chose for this room. What is it called again?

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Liasch it is BM Silver Lake