Software
Houzz Logo Print
boluwatifefive

Dining chair dilema

8 years ago
Need help to find a dining chair to go with new table ....my decor is modern...minimal. The chairs will be used lots.

Comments (38)

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    What a nice table! Go with the gun metal chairs that look industrial/rustic. The style I am thinking of comes in many price range, go for a quality one bc I believe the chair is welded together. Those chairs are comfortable too but make sure the legs bottom are padded.


    Also top grain leather chairs Folio from Crate and barrel or the cheaper ones Acel from EQ3 with the lower back would be great with that table.

  • 8 years ago


    Baxton Studio Wishbone Chairs, Natural Wood Y Chairs, Set of 2 · More Info

    Edgemod Elric Dining Chair, Set of 4, Gray · More Info

    Irving Wooden Dining Chairs, Set of 2 · More Info

    Mid Century Modern Dining Chair Effiel Modern Lounge Chair, Set of 4 · More Info

    Alessia Armless Side Chairs, Set of 4, Stone · More Info

  • 8 years ago

    I like the styles suggested above. Coordinate with the wood of the table.


    Claro Dining · More Info

  • 8 years ago
    ❤️❤️❤️the table!!! Can I ask where u purchased it from?
  • 8 years ago
    I like these legs
  • 8 years ago

    Ouch, they are expensive! But nice :)


  • 8 years ago

    Beautiful! Don't know about the comfort of these.....

    Beautiful Home Decor, Beautifully Priced · More Info


    Buy Kitchen & Dining Room Chairs Online at Overstock.com | Our Best Dining Room · More Info


    Dining Room Chairs - Macy's · More Info



    Dining Room Chairs - Macy's · More Info


    Rissa Mod Brown Dining Chair | Pier 1 Imports · More Info


    reed black wire chair + Reviews | CB2 · More Info


    Viborg White Side Chair Walnut Base, Set of 2 · More Info


    /collections/BD-STUDIO?page=4 · More Info


  • 8 years ago
    These are 4 for $385
    You may have to build your own chairs since you did such a good job with the table ;)
  • 8 years ago
    Maybe same thing as table but benches
  • 8 years ago
    Here’s The 4 for $385 I haven’t figured out how to edit posts yet so you get 3 comments from me ;)
  • 8 years ago

    Oh man, this whole room is fabulous, and you did great on the table!

  • 8 years ago
    Couple other options I’m on the hunt for new dining chairs too
  • 8 years ago





    Klismos Upholstered Side Chair · More Info


    Slope Leather Dining Chair | west elm · More Info


    Langley Street Chastain Side Chair & Reviews | Wayfair · More Info


  • 8 years ago
    Curious as to what type of wood the table is? Btw, u did a FANTASTIC job!! Post a pic of the chairs u decide on.
  • 8 years ago

    The slope leather chair is good looking. After seeing Grovers mock ups i personally thing the wood chairs distract from the beauty of the wood table. I think changing material whether it be leather or fabric for the main portion of the chair let’s the table be the star, as it should. I would do a simple MCM styled chair in something other than wood . A “ghost” MCM lucite/acrylic chair would be spectacular with your dark walls and let your table be the shining star

  • 8 years ago


    Interlude Tristan Modern Classic Grey Velvet Acrylic Dining Chair · More Info

    LeisureMod Murray Modern Dining Chair, Set of 2, Clear, MC20CL2 · More Info

    Midcentury Modern Eiffel Chair, Gold Legs, Smoke · More Info
    Love the shape of this last one but it needs to be clear not smoked.

  • 8 years ago

    Cost plus worldmarket chair as above or the west elm leather one would look nice. But hard to tell without knowing the rest of your decor.

  • 8 years ago
    Wow beautiful job so far!!! Many different types of chairs would look fabulous and I think you’ve gotten some great recommendations so far. I just wanted to suggest going somewhere to test out chairs. I got a bunch of the trendy gunmetal chairs a couple years ago and they were so uncomfortable people would bolt from the table as soon as they could! That would be a shame in your pretty room. West elm might be a good place to start for reasonably priced options that would match the style of your table. Good luck and have fun!
  • 8 years ago
    The first function of the chair must be comfort. Look for simplicity and comfort.
  • 8 years ago
    It is a walnut slab ....stripped it three times trying to minimize the natural res of the wood.....lol
  • 8 years ago
    Great advice thanks everyone!
  • 8 years ago
    Here is rest of house to help with advice
  • 8 years ago
    Pic of house
  • 8 years ago

    Fabulous table!! Congrats! And rest of house very attractive too. Hope you can try out whatever chairs you consider....and IMHO - a big NO to benches! Dining tables should be welcoming, comfortable....a place where guests want to sit and linger....and have wonderful conversation. That ain't on a bench! Also, another consideration to keep in mind: how your new chairs will wear on that nice floor. Good luck w the search!

  • 8 years ago

    Love your table .. what is the size of it? I think hubby might have to make one for the new build here :)

  • 8 years ago

    I vote for the simple top grain leather...west elm or crate and barrel or EQ3....all would go with the rest of the house. You have lots of wood already on the floor and the cabinets, and the new table.

    That blond dining table there is probably lovely wood but it is not modern enough. I would suggest Dining Chairs matching or complementary to your sofa colour...or the big chair colour Or your new table. You have lots of dark browns already. I would lighten up the space. The gun metal ones would not look right for your place. Can pick up a colour from your backsplash......

  • 8 years ago

    In love with your fireplace. Cozy comfy chairs that make me want to linger over a great bottle of wine...not benches. You gotta sit in them to find them.

  • 8 years ago
    Table size is 65" w 30" wide.
  • 8 years ago

    Thanks for posting the size. Please go sit in lots of different types/styles & find some that are comfortable.

  • 8 years ago

    Did you ever find chairs? I'm searching myself, and came back to this page via google!

  • 8 years ago
    We got sloped back leather chairs from West Elm. Very comfy, easy to clean, and easy to drag over to living area when we need an extra seat or two.
  • 8 years ago
    Sloped arm, not sloped back.
  • 8 years ago

    Awesome! Hope to see an after picture!

  • 8 years ago
    Take detailed measurements and decide how many people can reasonably sit at the table. Because of the table legs, your chairs will have to be carefully chosen to fit it.
  • 8 years ago
    I have not found chairs yet...but took the great advice to check for comfort. I have found that many of the chairs that look good are not comfortable at all. our table and chairs will be used alot so this is important. Really like the laser cut because they are not heavy looking.
  • 8 years ago
    Do u find the table is too narrow? I am searching for a table and thought I wanted the same dimensions as u have. What r your thoughts on the functionality of that particular size?
  • 8 years ago
    We had Thanksgiving this weekend....and I was discussing with my family if they thought it was too narrow. Everyone had a place mat and room in between for 8" fruit tray . We always have our family dinners buffet on island. No complaints so far ....and loving the extra floor space .