Software
Houzz Logo Print
ianrw

Houzz Site & Interface Recs.

13 years ago
Dear Houzz,

Thanks so much for creating such a wonderful tool online. My imagination has been educated by the service you provide. Your interface is awesome - both on the web and on the iPad.

I have a few suggestions:

1. Images should have attached meta data fields. It seems that this feature would be a straightforward SQL implementation. A good 90% of the comments on each photo ask the same questions (what are the room dimensions, what paint colors were used, etc). Allow the uploader to attach this information to each picture so I don't have to dig though comments to find this data if its there - or, gasp, ask the question myself.

2. Once this data is attached, allow users to search by that specific data. For example, I would like to search for traditional living rooms that are between 1,000 and 1,200 square feet.

3. I've seen more and more advertisements coming into houzz.com. That's ok, I know you guys are a business - one that I'm happy to support. However, the inline ads have recently (in the last month or two) felt oppressive. Don't overdo it!

4. Hook up with Apple iPhoto or someone who can print bound hardcopy versions of idea books though houzz.com. Occasionally, I'll be trying to show someone my ideabooks and the iPad screen is too small, we're outdoors and it's too bright, or the data connection is too slow.

OK, that's it for now. Again, thanks so much for this service. Best of luck. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Regards,
Ian

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus