0
djahlm

Living Room Update

djahlm
September 17, 2018

I’ve had much success in updating our dining room and family room with the expertise and insight of many fabulous Houzzers. I am ready to get the ball rolling on our living room and hoping for the same great advice that I received on the other rooms.

This is not a highly used room; no TV, and as you’ll see from the photos, our front door opens right into the room. Not ideal, but it’s what we have to work with. My style is MCM; simple, no clutter. It will be painted the same off-white as the FR and the DR.

I‘d like to eventually replace everything in this room, but I plan to start with purchasing a sofa. The sofa wall is 101 inches and the wall with the window is 103 inches. What size sofa should I be looking for? I know purchasing a sofa online can be risky, so I’m wondering if anyone has good suggestions for sofas they’ve purchased with both quality and comfort.

I’m also thinking ahead to what kind of layout will work for this room. Maybe two chairs, a coffee table, possibly a side table? The secretary is also being replaced, but whatever I get will need storage for what we now have in the drawers and top.

Any advice is much appreciated!