amaryllisfred

Hippeastrum Merengue

Fred Biasella
last year

Hello All,

I emailed Paul from Royal Colors yesterday regarding the availability of this hippie and he was nice enough to reply this morning. Unfortunately, he told me that is is out of production, big bummer :-(((( I am wondering if anyone else had the pleasure or ordering one and if they might have an offset available for trade and I have lots of stuff that may be of interest. Any help would be wonderfully appreciated :-))) Please message me.

Thank you and big hugs,

Fred

• dondeldux

Hi Fred,

I hope you find one, I had one but it got smaller each year and it finally died this summer. Lesson learned, when these special bulbs come up now and then, buy two of them!! Some of the more recent one I did buy two but unfortunately not Merengue. I also had a Rembrandt van Rijn that died this summer so this time I did buy two!!!

Donna

Fred Biasella thanked dondeldux
  • lokai99

I ADORE this one too Fred. I have even considered buying the cut flowers just to get some pollen. I also sent you a message. Anyone bloomed out a Merengue X? I wonder how strong genes are the shape of crossed blooms.

Fred Biasella thanked lokai99
  • blancawing

Joey: Pollen is on its way to you.

Fred: You have mail.

Hugs to both,

Blanca

Fred Biasella thanked blancawing
  • berkeleysgr8

You're the best, Blanca!

Fred Biasella thanked berkeleysgr8
    Bulb in A Box

Is someone still looking for it?

Fred Biasella thanked Bulb in A Box
  • berkeleysgr8

Bulb in a Box, if you happen to have some spare cybister seed (from Merengue or others), I'd happy to try growing them.

Bulb in A Box

With cybisters as seed parents or pollen donors?

• berkeleysgr8

Any variation. If you have seeds you're willing to part with, I'd be happy to try growing them (I say "try" because none of my seedlings have reached maturity yet).

Bulb in A Box

:) Noted