Software
Houzz Logo Print
salamander_gw

Rose of Sharon tiny flakes problem

7 years ago

Over the past few years I've had gnats as a constant problem during the winter. Insecticidal soap doesn't help. I researched & found that keeping the top one inch of the soil dry kills the larva & eliminates the problem. Watering is done by using "globes" or other things as cones that are attached to empty water bottles when going on vacation. I did this and so far, no gnats, however I now have tiny flakes on the leaves that I assumed were connected to the gnats. I wiped them away & they're back the next day. Don't see any gnats or other bugs. It's mostly on the rose of sharon. This is a small plant I bring in for the winter. Any ideas???????? Thanks.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting