Software
Houzz Logo Print
leipertp

Ceiling finish

13 years ago
I love the ceiling in this kitchen and would like details as to what materials have been used?
Residence in California · More Info

Comments (13)

  • 13 years ago
    I too would give anything to know - can't seem to find out.
  • 13 years ago
    Appears to be painted beadboard. Great look.
  • 13 years ago
    I would guess V groove siding
  • 12 years ago
    It looks like painted tongue and groove pine planking to me. I plan to do this in my new kitchen but use this look instead.
    Ultimate Farmhouse Kitchen · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you Stonecroft, for clarifying this. I was wondering what was the proper name for the wood in the photo I posted. Off to check out your project now :)
  • 11 years ago
    so this kitchen picture
  • 11 years ago
    Re-doing my kitchen now. It's not finished yet; but, I had a beautiful ceiling installed. Not MDF; solid wood.
  • 9 years ago

    shelly, may I inquire the cost/sq foot for your kitchen ceiling? thanks

  • 9 years ago

    I wish I could help you. The ceiling was part of a gut renovation costing $40,000 not including new appliances. Is have a small galley kitchen 7 ft by `12 ft.

  • 9 years ago

    thank you so much for responding Shelly. I appreciate it.

  • 8 years ago
    Bellinghambythebay,
    We have 8’ ceilings and like to do a faux coffered look. We use bead board paneling since it is available at Lowe’s & Home Depot for $20 per 4’x8’ panel. Once it’s installed and painted, it looks great. Just cover the outside edges with a trim of some kind. We use a 1.5” pine stop. Hope this helps. (In this photo, we have not put up the crown molding yet)
  • 8 years ago

    Love it. Looks terrific

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars40 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21