Software
Houzz Logo Print
mo77

Need ideas!

13 years ago
I don't know what to put on my empty wall in my dining room. I tried some different art but it did not look good. Any ideas?

Comments (16)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Lovely decorating from what I can see. You already have mirrors on wall. Have you considered a tapestry? metal art?
    Go thru Ideabooks for dining rooms & see if anything grabs your attention, go to auctions, wander thru art galleries - something will strike you.....

    My husband & I buy art when we travel so the piece reminds us of where we have been & brings back memories. I can see a large unframed canvas there - doesn't even have to have an image, just texture. I can picture it. If I find what I am visualizing, I will post it.
  • 13 years ago
    I vote metal art as well
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for the ideas so far. I am liking the idea of several pieces instead of 1 large one. The link looks nice. Any other ideas?
  • 13 years ago
    This is what I put up after trying many things. It's some abstract art with neutral colors. Please let me know ur honest feedback. Thank you.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I am confused the art itself didn't work well or how you laid out the artwork?
  • 13 years ago
    Both. The layout and the actual piece or pieces. I am open to feedback regarding the placement and the type of art. Thanks.
  • 13 years ago
    I actually like the three frames. Good size, nicely spaced out. The artwork in it seems a bit boring. If you use the frames but change the content to something that is more interesting....?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Mix it up with sizes and artwork with photo prints. Stay with a theme for awhile and then later change it up to something different. I mean heck have fun with it as there is no hard and fast rules that are written in stone.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I can't tell. Is there room for a table on that wall?. That would help. You could put lamps on it or sconces on the wall and a painting in the middle of the two lamps. Also a planter or a beautiful bowl would help. The table can be as narrow as 12" and still give you a place for objects that would liven things up a bit more. And it would help with serving to.
  • 13 years ago
    I think the three framed prints look good. I would move them a smidge closer together and half a smidge lower, and I might have chosen something a bit more colorful, but the composition works for me.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback. That does look better lower and closer. I know. It's a little boring on the color side. But everything with more or bolder colors clashed with my rug.
  • 13 years ago
    I love your hall table. I would remove the little round rug from under it. Maybe paint your hand rail black. In the dining room either keep the 3 pictures or the mirrors. There has to be more texture in either area. I like the big mirror in the hall. Try that . or get a mirror with texture and roundness.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Honestly, I LOVE the look! NICE job! Step back and admire your room. Gee.....eat in there tonight and SMILE!
  • 13 years ago
    Abbyjean, u just made my day!
  • 13 years ago
    YAY! I love your style and could be quite happy in your home. Maybe I will just stop by later!!!