Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inkyspambot

Kitchen Transformation Almost Done

inkyspambot
5 years ago

Been working on my kitchen for a couple months now and finally closing in on finishing up.Mostly some trim pieces,baseboards and lights left to do.When i get brave enough,i'd like to add crown moulding on cabinets.This is in a double wide manufactured home and was quite the challenge having to repair the flooring and rotted wood i found behind paneling.Basically had to reframe the outer walls because i could actually push on them and the outer wall would move!After reframing and securing outer wall,i built an additional 2x4 framed wall in front of old wall to support new heavier cabinets,added all new insulation and put up the purple drywall.Rewired everything,adding gfci outlets where there were none.No granite since it is just a manufactured home. 10mm LVP on floor,which i love! With new 5/8 plywood subfloor.Cabinets are RTA Maple with plywood construction,had to assemble them myself which was scary to think of at first but actually,not to bad of a job,just time consuming. Very nice quality.Glad to see all that press board crap gone.

I have never done a kitchen before and am very happy with the results and keeping costs low due to the type of home. All in around $9400,which includes floors,appliances and everything else.Caught a great sale on Samsung appliance bundle.I did have to buy a tile saw which was only $50 at Harbor Freight which worked great! I've also never tiled before and heard a lot of horror stories on the glass mosaic tiles.I bought a nice glass blade which was almost the same price as the saw...Never had a problem,no chips or cracks.I liked the LVP so much i spent another 1k on ripping up nasty old carpeting in living room and ran the Lvp all through kitchen,Living room and halls.