Software
Houzz Logo Print
andrewrxxx

Door style recommendation for entry closet

7 years ago

I'm not sure what door style to go with for this closet due to the proximity to the entry door on left and a guardrail on the right.


I prefer a double french door. It would probably have to be a 44" as a 48" would be very tight fit. This is probably my favorite but the doors could bump into the front door, even with hinge door stops.


Bifold doors would work too but my experience with those is they are prone to track problems. This would be the best option for door clearance I think. Since they are four door segments I don't think they looks quite as good.


Bypass door. I prefer to avoid this style as only one side can be open at a time and they don't look as good IMO. They also require a door guide to be screwed into the floor and I don't like that look so much.


Anything I'm missing?



Here's the door I have in a lower closet and plan the same trim style, painted white. Only this one is 36". Appreciate any advice.




Comments (3)