Software
Houzz Logo Print
vdomingo13

dining room remodeling

7 years ago
We decided to transform an extra living room ( which we called the kids room) into our new dining room . My husband found old furniture at the Salvation Army for $200 : 6 chairs , a dining table and a china cabinet . And $60 for the side table.
We repaired and painted the furniture. Reupholstered the chairs.
We took out the wall to wall carpet to find very nice hard floor below which I just cleaned and polished.
The walls were repaired and painted .
New rug and chandelier . Electric boxes were also upgraded.
We did this room for less than $1,500. And it is ready for Christmas diner !

Comments (6)

  • 7 years ago
    Wow!!! It looks great!! Love the chandelier. Just a little tip, maybe also try changing out your light switch plates. Changing them out will give your room a more elegant feel overall. https://www.bazarartandgifts.com has some really good options. And they're HANDMADE!!
  • 7 years ago
    You did a wonderful job with your previously-owned treasures. Congratulations on the great find and your beautiful refinishing job. The room is beautiful. Your window trim is so nice I wouldn’t consider window treatments beyond simple panels, if anything. The rug is a great size and color. Nicely done!
  • 7 years ago

    Looks super! I particularly enjoy the mismatched upholstery on those fabulous chairs, nice surprising and modern touch. While I do love the right wallpaper, taking *that* old one down was a huge positive transformation as well. Score on the furniture! I've had amazing luck with Craigslist for our new place as well.

  • 7 years ago
    Very impressed, amazing what can be done, great job
  • 7 years ago
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    We are blessed to have a very nice house where all the wood work has been maintained.

    We did all the chairs with different fabric to give a less formal look to the room. Same idea with the new pulls on the China cabinet . (my husband loves all those details and I agree they make a big difference )

    Working on this project have been rewarding and motivating. We are ready to do more !
Sponsored
Whisler Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals