0

Does anyone still have 'Tropical Storm'?

don_in_colorado
last modified: January 4, 2019

I remember several forum members that bought this one, including myself. (Sport of 'Rainforest Sunrise'). Mine promptly croaked, never came up the next year, and I don't recall photos of TS being posted in several seasons. Dud hosta?

• ConnieMay

It was very weak and I almost gave up on it completely. I ended up dividing off the ugly/weak sections 2 years ago. Although tiny, and only one eye, it seemed stronger last season. Not ready to give up yet...

don_in_colorado thanked ConnieMay
  • dstickrod77

findmyhosta.com only lists 2 sellers in the US, Uniquely and Land of the Giant. I've seen a couple other sellers that had it listed last year. Might have been one that didn't pan out.

don_in_colorado thanked dstickrod77
  • windymess z6a KC, Ks

FYI- I noticed Hallson’s 2019 catalog was released and when looking at the listing for Pocketful of Sunshine, I saw their mention of Tropical Storm:

http://www.perennialnursery.com/hosta-pocketful-of-sunshine.html

don_in_colorado thanked windymess z6a KC, Ks
  • steve duggins - Ohio

And in my cart - PoS (probably not the best abbreviation). Sorry I know nothing of Tropical Storm. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

don_in_colorado thanked steve duggins - Ohio
  • ConnieMay

I wonder if it was only an issue with TC...and that there is OS somewhere that is amazing.

don_in_colorado thanked ConnieMay
  • ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

a TC cull from a heavily tc'd plant... there probably isnt a OS .... ken

don_in_colorado thanked ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
  • ConnieMay

fair enough...