Software
Houzz Logo Print
daisyincrete

Still bored !!!!!!!!!


















All photos were taken last May. Isn't May the most glorious Month?!!!

Daisy

Comments (22)

  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful!! You are a gifted gardener & photographer!! It must be so nice walking in your garden! Is there a lot of mosquitoes?

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked mazerolm_3a
  • 7 years ago

    No mosquitoes. The goldfish take care of them before they hatch.


    The leader of the pack.

    Daisy

  • 7 years ago

    The wind is howling here and I’m bored too! Thanks for your pictures!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked oursteelers 8B PNW
  • 7 years ago

    Immaculate.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked User
  • 7 years ago

    Wow--I can't believe how full and rich your gardens are. Just wonderful!

    Kate

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked dublinbay z6 (KS)
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    This is the most extensive view I've seen of your garden.... no words, just Ooohs and Aaaahs! Two water features also. How calming that must be in the summer. Can you keep the fountain going all year?

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 7 years ago

    May is a wonderful month... lovely details and flowers.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Krista_5NY
  • 7 years ago

    Fabulous garden! No wonder the honey from Crete is wonderful!!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked clarkejpznorcal
  • 7 years ago

    Thank-you all. Vaporac, the pond pump is kept going all the time, but the Gremlin water feature I don't bother to have it running in the winter,

    jin, the plant is an alstroemeria. They seem to like it here. I have several and they all do well.

    clarkjpz, the local honey is superb. At the moment though, there seems to be more bumble bees than honey bees around.

    Daisy

  • 7 years ago

    Ingrid, the cat is Pudding. He was born in the garden next door and decided to move in with us when his mother abandoned him at about six weeks old. He has a few hobbies....eating, finding the most comfortable plant in the garden to lay on,,,,,eating, finding the softest cushion in the house to lay on. He is so lazy that the birds on the bird feeder, ignore him completely. They fly off when any other cat approaches, but don't bother when Pudding arrives. Which goes to show that they are not bird brains, but can recognize individual cats!

    Daisy

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Pudding sounds like my kind of cat, comforting and cozy to relax with. I've come to believe that birds and just about any other animal I can think of are more intelligent than we humans. I have to ask about the white rose on the pergola. I know the other (gorgeous!!!!) one is Marechal Niel but I've forgotten this lovely creature's name. Love your water feature with the gargoyle face!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago

    I love how some of the big bushes with small flowers just flow like a cloud over the vertical spaces. I've noticed that effect in several of your pictures, and I just love it!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
  • 7 years ago

    What a beautiful garden! Love the pond! I can’t keep any fish in a small pond long, they all got eaten by big birds. I wash and clean a plastic pond set once a year, just use them as a water fountain pond. I have to put in mosquito dunks in the pond during the summer months after a neighbor’s concern. You would think the water is moving 24/7 with 2 fountains, one fountain in each pond, there won’t be any mosquitoes in the water. They asked me to take out the pond in my yard nicely, but I couldn’t have a garden without water, so mosquito dunks is the way to go.......

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • 7 years ago

    Ingrid the white rose on the arbour is Sombreuil. I have grown it in every garden I have had. It is very much a favourite.

    Summers, I had trouble with herons taking the goldfish from my pond when I lived in England. I put a number of short concrete pipes in the bottom of the pond. The goldfish learnt to swim into them when danger threatened, They used them as an air-raid shelter. It worked.

    Daisy


  • 7 years ago

    What a smart idea! I will try that this year. I even have a pond heater for the fish, but none of them made it to the winter. I’d love to have fish again. Thanks for the idea!!!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • 7 years ago

    Fantastic! Beautiful photos and everything looks so perfect. What a beautiful spot to enjoy!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked katob Z6ish, NE Pa
  • 7 years ago

    Wow! Incredible! You've got the touch!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked StevePA6a
  • 7 years ago

    Daisy, you are an master painter with your garden compositions. Just stunning! They need to put your garden on one of those garden shows about dream gardens. I especially love the shot of the purple irises in front of the dark purple elephant ears...very striking! I also love Pudding’s story. Every garden needs a “Pudding.” :-)

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    comtesse, Both of those plants were bought locally. The local garden centres never label their plants, which drives me crazy. All I can tell you is that the plant to the left is a type of Tanacetum. The photo was taken as that flush of blooms had finished. I clipped it over soon after taking that photo and it re-flowered.

    The other daisy like flower is a bi-coloured Bidens ferulifolia. There are a number of these, all looking rather similar, so I haven't got a clue which one.

    Hope this helps.

    Daisy



Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County