Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jstropic

What seedlings are you growing?

jstropic (10a)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Here are some I started in OctoberJunihito x Blossom Peacock, Tosca x Ladies Choice, Tosca RC x Mocca, Exotica x Sweet Nymph, Noid x-large white x Tres Chic, Giraffe x Mozaique. Very few ofChico x Desire, Exotic Star x Ekim's Razor, NeonxBogota x Self. Hopefully, they will make it through the winter. Jody

Comments (9)

• Fred Biasella
    5 years ago

Jody,

Those sound lovely :-))) If you can (ha ha ha) please send pictures. I and I'm sure everyone else would love to see them.

On my seedling table and thanks to all my dear friends who provided them, I have seedlings started last year of: Shoka No Kagayaki x Santos, La Paz x Autumn Pink Lady, Evergreen x Devil Smile, Chico x iguazuanum, molleviquense, Chico x lapacense, yungacenses x Orange Varie, striatum 'Saltao', (papilio x Santos) x Santos, Royal Velvet x Autumn Pink Lady and Bogota x (papilio x Santos)

jstropic (10a) thanked Fred Biasella
  • jstropic (10a)
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Fred, those are awesome crosses and I can't wait to see them flower!!!

I will try to get some pics of the seedlings. I was hoping to wait a little longer to repot, but the little darlings insisted on making the move now (a couple of yellow leaves had me investigate and found their roots growing along the bottom of original community pots). The ones that complained have now been moved into 3 and 5 gallon community pots which will hopefully keep them happy for awhile. :)

• jstropic (10a)
    Original Author
    5 years ago

This is what I am hoping for,

Junihitoe x Blossom Peacock - a scented Junihito

Tosca x Ladies Choice - large Tosca flower influenced with the color anand shape of LLadies

Tosca x Mocca - because everybody said to lol

Exotic Star x Ekims Razor - curiosity and maybe an exotic star with 4 flowers

Very large white x Tres Chic - hoping for very large Tres Chic with elegance

NNeonxbogota x self - understanding its genetics

Giraffe x Mozaique - looking for 4 flowers, giraffe shape and incredible color (you don't think that is too much to expect, do you lol)

Also two seedlings of Chico X Desire - both of these have multiple flowers and hopefully will pass this on. Also hoping for cybister influenced flower shape with Desires deep rich orange color.

Hey, I can dream, right?

I am not going to waste time removing GW additional letters from posts :)

• Brian Sakamoto (10a, CA, USA)
    5 years ago

"Moon Scene x Dancing Queen" is 1 of 3 beds grown in rock wool where the growth & vigor has been incredible. Culling for only the strongest and fastest seedlings is very difficult in this batch and I'll need the room soon this Spring on my small balcony. Pic taken in September 2018 at 6 months after sowing.

My other seedlings below haven't been growing quite as vigorous as the above. Perhaps it's the variety or they prefer more traditional media. Pics below taken in December 2018 when they were 6 months after sowing.

"Papilio Craigslist x Papilio Leafari" and "Johnsonii x Self" seedlings.

"Johnsonii x Self" on the left and "Bogota x (Papilio x Santos)" on the right courtesy of Fred.

jstropic (10a) thanked Brian Sakamoto (10a, CA, USA)
  • Fred Biasella
    5 years ago

Brian,

They all look very healthy and the watering system for the rock wool grown ones is very sophisticated :-))) Nice work and good luck on their growth!!!

• jstropic (10a)
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Phenomenal root system on them Brian! So glad you are keeping a visual record of their growth for comparison.

• jstropic (10a)
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Fred, here are the seedlings in 3 and 5 gallon pots.

I'm hoping that as long as their roots have room I can keep them in these pots.

• Fred Biasella
    5 years ago

WOW!!! Those look wonderful and healthy :-)))))

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions