0

Hosta K 2018 ....

Hosta K today for everyone to enjoy:

Speaking of the Army that is me the dark haired one learning how to tear down a M16. And still my friend is Teresa next to me. She grows hostas too.

• Saija

Wow, cool picture of you Paula.

Komodo Dragon

Kiwi Full Monty

Kingsize

Koriyama

Krossa Regal

Saija

ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida thanked Saija
  • windymess z6a KC, Ks

Krossa Regal is my only K. It was planted in 2017, so still a young plant... but look at those tall scapes! And the fun thing, to me, about this picture is the memory of that afternoon: mid-August and hot as all-get-out, I didn’t feel great that day but was determined to get a little garden work done. I sat down on my little dry-creek bridge to cool off and have a drink of water... and a beautiful hummingbird came to visit the KR flowers. I was not more than a few feet from it and clearly the bird didn’t notice me. Anyway, I tried to get a picture of that, but my slightest movement scared the hummingbird away. Oh well, that picture is in my mind... this picture remains.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Well gee Paula, I have a terrible deer problem.....

So nice Saija! I need to plant KFM and I have Komodo Dragon coming.

Kaleidochrome

Katie Q still not planted.

Krossa Regal chomped by deer. Amazing there was anything left to show.

p.s. I was posting at the same time as you windymess, great memory.

• Laura z4b / Helsinki, Finland

Kabitan, sitting beside Atlantis

• sunnywood 5aChazyNY

Key Lime Pie

Kiwi Full Monty

Kleidochrome

Krossa Regal

Komodo Dragon

Key West

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

Great picture Paula, I have woodchucks that I could use your help with! Laura love the picture of Kabitan, is it easy to grow or do the slugs and wear and tear get to it later in the season?

Here are my K's

Kiwi Full Monty

Komodo Dragon, beautiful hosta, I am hoping it will take a leap this year.

Krossa Regal, I love the shape and color of this one (plus I collect the Regal hostas).

• Karin Black Cat

If I only had room left for Komodo Dragon...

finally I got...

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

Komodo dragon. Needs some rescuing from the Black eyed Susans

Krossa Regal. One of my favorites

• steve duggins - Ohio

Kisuji

Kiwi Full Monty (on the bottom)

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada
    Krossa Regal......Zoe was here signature.

It had potential to be a beautiful hosta. Still a little damage but recognizable

• hostas_for_barb

Love everyone's Kiwi Full Monty!

Just one pic of a K for me

Katsuragawa Beni

first out in the spring and has red legs

• oursteelers 8B PNW

These pictures are filling me with anticipation for my KomodoDragon and KrossaRegal.

I purchased KomodoDragon because of a picture I saw here last year. It was in a cedar barrel and was absolutely stunning. I put mine in a put and am hoping to replicate.

I got Krossa for the shape.... I love the upright vase shaped hostas.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

Paula..your picture surprised me!..invite Teresa to join us in the hosta alphabet..

peren..you made me laugh hinting that Paula could help with your deer problem!

Karin..you have a namesake!..that's fun..your Kabitan is so pretty..mine died and I don't know why..

windymess..what a beautiful picture of your winding path..I love hummingbirds..I've tried but never been able to get a picture of one..I've had them on hosta blooms and annuals..

I love everyone's Komodo Dragons..I like giant hostas..they look nice with my tall trees..some Krossa Regal..it really is one of my favorites..

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Barb your pic did not load.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis
    May 2018..a new Krossa Regal and 2 Blue Mouse Ears..I have no limit on KR and BME..I would buy them again when I see them Lol..

• Laura z4b / Helsinki, Finland

Thanks Beth, Kabitan has been easy and carefree for me and as there aren’t many slugs or snails at that part of the garden, no damage to the leaves :)

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT

Paula, that is really cool that you would have that picture, know how to tear down an M16, and are still friends with Teresa after all these years.

windymess, it's great when nature rewards us with visitors like that!

Nice "Ks" everyone! I only have one to share this time...

Komodo Dragon - looking straight down from the deck. Right side spreading towards the light, left side is facing more shade from the deck.

Komodo Dragon flower

• mbug_gw

Great picture of you Paula!!

Kempen Red Twist.....great red legs, unfortunately I didn't get a picture of them.

Key West.....still pretty young...hope to get a nice spring leap

Kinba ......very interesting and different.....in the spring it comes up bright yellow with bright red pets.....this is late season when it becomes light green. I will have to remember to get progression pics this spring.

Krossa Regal

Older Krossa Regal in heavy shade

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

I'm developing a liking for swordlike narrow leaves..Karin's and mbug's Kempens are so "Kute"..

mbug..I like the mini in the square concrete? container..(lower left corner in the pic right above this comment)..I googled some minis..maybe Snow Mouse?..

• hostas_for_barb

Thanks peren, I will try to edit it and insert the photo again!

• hostas_for_barb

mbug, i love your KR pic in with the other hosta - nice combos!

• Karin Black Cat

mbug, you're right, Kempen Red Twist has gorgeous red legs :-)

• mbug_gw

Nice Karin!

• old_dirt

Only two K's for me but they have become favorites.

Krossa Regal, I have four I believe

Krossa Regal legs

Komodo Dragon, came through the winter good in the barrel with just some shredded leaves covering it. Didn't get a full mature pic this year.

Komodo Dragon early May

Komodo Dragon, late May

Komodo Dragon 2017

Paula, love your army picture. Me (arrow) still toting the M-14 but I did also train with and carry the 16.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

old_dirt..your Komodo Dragon is amazing..my husband used an M-16 in the army (before I met him)..I've never used anything stronger than a squirt gun..or my hose nozzle..lol

• windymess z6a KC, Ks

Old Dirt- amazing!

• don_in_colorado

Krossa Regal

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

sandyslopes your Komodo Dragon is really impressive! Love every ones KD. It looks good at every stage of growth. It looks so good in a barrel too old_dirt!

mbug it will be great to see your progression shots of Kinba if you get them next year.

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

No K photos to show you, unfortunately.

Love your photos Paula and old dirt! Priceless!

That Kempen Sawblade hosta looks interesting Karin.

I'm really noticing that Komodo Dragon. The Hosta Library has it down as a large. Perhaps it's even bigger? Love that early shot of it old dirt.

And the garden center is what I am dreaming about this winter!

• mountainy man z8 Ireland

Kelsey

Komodo Dragon

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

Denis..wow!..I don't think I could fit your Komodo Dragon AND Jade Cascade in the back of my Honda CRV..would need to make 2 trips haha..

• windymess z6a KC, Ks

I’m going to have to figure out where I fit in a Komodo Dragon.