Your shopping cart is empty.
kristine_legault

Dave Bang roses

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
January 20, 2019

For Love of Roses has a really nice selection of Dave Bang roses. If you are not familiar with his roses, check out For love of roses and be dazzled
Unique doesnt begin to describe his creations.
Anyway, if you are growing any of his roses is there one that you would recommend? I would like a couple, cant afford all that I would like but maybe 2 for now

Comments (25)

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

See what I mean, pretty awesome !

• sara_ann-z6bok

I just got through looking Kristine, his roses are unique and gorgeous, the hues are so rich looking.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked sara_ann-z6bok

I emailed Richard at For love of roses to see if he will have any specials coming up.

So many temptations

• Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

So unique! They look like sure winners if you entered a rose contest . Do you show roses Kristine?

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

Ha ha. Those are not my roses, pictures are curtesy og FLOR.

I am trying to decide which ones to choose.

And no I have never shown roses.

You do though dont you ?

• Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

No .. it seems so intimidating!! Maybe I’ll try next year but it seems intense . Plus I don’t grow many hybrid teas .

• Karen R. (9B SF Bay Area)

I recently put in my first order to For Love of Roses - Abracadabra (I've been drooling over this one for a long time), and Bang's Code of Honor. Can't wait!!!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Karen R. (9B SF Bay Area)

Karen ,I grown Memphis Music and to me it looks a lot like Abracadabra. MM lasts forever on the bush and is super healthy.

I can't wait to see your Abracadabra and compare pictures.

• Karen R. (9B SF Bay Area)

Me too Kristine! I was hesitant to get Abracadabra hearing it often reverts back to a single color. But what-the-heck - only live once. Even to get a few multi-color blooms would be fabulous!

• seil zone 6b MI

I've never grown any but they sure are beauties!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked seil zone 6b MI
  • mossy44_z7bwa

Well Kristine, hope you're happy LOL!!! I just ordered Love & Passion, I've never been interested in miniatures or minifloras, but that one got me. Wish me luck.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked mossy44_z7bwa

Im going to get that one too, unless you got the last one lol

There are a few that I would love to have as well.

Good luck on your new rose. I look forward to comparing pictures

• Ken Wilkinson

I'll be making an order very soon and try to get 2 bush's of Elegance along with another Arcanum and Renegade. By the way, I've been exhibiting for almost 30 years. It was a little intimidating at first but I REALLY wanted my rose bush's to look like exhibitors in my area (central FL.). There are dozens of class' to enter. Not only that, most exhibitors would give you the shirt off their back with any on hands info you could ever want.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Ken Wilkinson

Ken, I found that to ne true with all of the exhibitors that I have known, they are a good group of people

Ken, what do you use for your spraying program ?

There is a Dave Bang rose that is a deep red. So many great roses.

I just got Whirlaway, Eternal Flame, Emma Grace, Joy and Kismet

So maybe a couple more unless Richard has a sale

I just ordered Code of Honor ,Love and Passion and Fitzhughs Diamond.

Now I better give the credit card a rest lol

Although, there is a red Dave Bang rose that isnt available yet called Hello Gorgeous

I may need that one too.

• Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

What’s one more ?! Lol

i saw you have 3 in the last order. Well , it’s not good to have an uneven number of roses in an order . It’s bad luck ;). Must be an even number

Ha ha Lilyfinch. Richard just emailed me that the Dave Bang red rose is in stock. It is called Good morning gorgeous. I added it to my order, what is one more ?

• bayarea_girl

Kristen, when you want a new rose from Richard, did you ask him to add to the old order or you need to make a new one? Helen

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked bayarea_girl

When I got my confirmation I texted him to let me know en Good Morning gorgeous was available and he texted back that it was in so I just texted back to add it to the order.

Try texting him or just give him a call

He is pretty easy to get a hold of when you call, better than texting.

What are you thinking of adding ?

I could add another dozen they are so tempting

• bayarea_girl

Whenever there is one new rose available, I would like to order it but wonder if I can add it to an old order that hasn’t been shipped or need to place an order and pay separately shipping just for one order rose. Helen

I think as long as it hasnt shipped you can keep adding, save on shipping.

• bayarea_girl

Thanks Kristine.

• Ken Wilkinson

Kristine. All I use is Bayers Disease Control every two weeks. My bush's stay clean. Emma Grace might get a little leggy. Just a warning. He does sell a mini called "Hello Gorgeous!". It's a great growing bush and the blooms are beautiful with afternoon shade. Full blast sun, they fly open then fade.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Ken Wilkinson

Thanks Ken, yes Richard told me that there are 2 different roses with almost identical names isn't that silly? But I'm getting the Dave Bang rose good morning gorgeous it won't be ready until Spring which is fine thanks for the information on the spray I will pick some up.

Good Morning Gorgeous

Photo curtesy of

For love of Roses

Ken thanks for the tip on Emma Grace. I will keep that girl in check.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).