0

Hosta N 2018 ....

Ns for today. I cannot believe we are this far along.

• Saija

Just one

Neptune

Saija

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

Paula love you jokes brings a smile to my morning face.

Only one N for me

Night Before Christmas, had it in more shade and it was slug bait moved it to more sun. NBC loves this spot with a little morning sun.

• sunnywood 5aChazyNY

Not many N’s

Nancy Gill

Neptune

Niagra Falls

Night Before Christmas

Northern Exposure

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Only one for me. Took this picture mid October. Not bad looking for that late in the season.

Love the salt joke, Paula!

Neptune

• steve duggins - Ohio

I love the soft green on Neptune before it turns blue and then finishes dark green. Early May

End of May

Mid July

Night Shift (end of June)

I think this one really needs the right exposure to be at its best, so it will most likely be moved a few times. In mid July after perhaps too much sun. We'll see how it does next year here in more shade:

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Nice N's especially Neptune. Karin - Nancy is a real standout!

Only one N pic for me. I have NBC & NE to plant.

Niagara Falls

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT

Neptune ....sorry about the hard water spots.

"Ns" are scarce so how about a group shot. Smile hostas!

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

sandyslopes the Hostas were smiling & so was I, what a gorgeous pic of your garden!

• mbug_gw

One and only.....

Night before Christmas

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

Sandyslopes what a beautiful shot of your garden, love how you placed everything.

• windymess z6a KC, Ks

Sandy - what the others said! Very pretty!

I have only one N - Night Before Christmas - but no good pictures. It was attacked by rabbits... the Minuteman tried to save it, but he was too late and they overpowered him. Both are still in therapy.

• hostas_for_barb

Paula I love your math jokes (I'm a math tutor)! I'll have to save that pic.

• mountainy man z8 Ireland

Niagara Falls

nigrescens

• old_dirt

Beth, my NBC is also a slug magnet and looks like carp by the end of the year.

Night Before Christmas

Neptune

Noah's Rainbow, I guess reverted back to Green Gold. Supposed to be a streaker but never was. What are the odds of it ever re-sporting?

• ConnieMay

Mountainy man - Nigrescens - just wow!

Sunnywood- Nancy Gill is awesome!

I think this is the only “N” I have...and it’s been neglected....I need to find a better spot for it.

Northern Exposure

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

I think Night Before Christmas was here when I moved in..the light centers were fragile..they would have holes and rips..I gave them to a neighbor..she's never said how they're doing..no N's for me..I like the Neptunes and Nigrescens..

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT

peren.all, Beth, and windymess, thanks for the kind words about my group shot. That many hostas in one place equals happiness. :-)

Wow, mm/Denis, you've mastered growing hostas in pots. They're getting so BIG!

• Tiddisolo Wales UK

It seems I have six starting with N.

Here's the only picture I took.

Nemesis

Dave

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Denis as soon as N came up I was looking forward to seeing your nigrescens - it is incredible! NF is no slouch either. Very impressive!

• Karin Black Cat

Dave, I never heart of Nemesis, interesting name for a hosta...but it's nice :-) Does it get green in summer?

• Tiddisolo Wales UK

Karin, yes it does get a bit darker, more a deep gold if kept in the shade.

It's one of a number of Star Trek themed plants from Dirk Dupré.

Your Neelix is also one of his.

Dave