0

Hosta Q 2018 ...

Today is Q. There are not to many Qs so post anything to keep us warm and amused. Lets see what you got:

• Saija

Queen Josephine (May)

Queen Josephine (August)

Queen of the Seas

I don't know if this keeps anyone warm, but here is foto of our house now and June 2018. I wish spring comes soon although I have still long time to spring.

Saija

• ConnieMay

Queen of the Seas

• ConnieMay

I love this video...hope it keeps you warm and fuzzy. https://youtu.be/Ij85jFpNRpw

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

ConnieMay cute video, gave me my morning smile, thank you. Also love your and Saija's Queen of the Seas it is going on my way too long list! For my only 1 Q.

Queen Josephine, I love it's shiny leaves.

Here is a shot to keep you warm:

Both the cat and the fireplace are great heaters. With the cold our cat always wants a snuggle.

• steve duggins - Ohio

Queen of the Seas

and something to keep you warm

• sunnywood 5aChazyNY

Q’s Are in short supply!

Queen JOSEPHENE

Queen of the Seas. It was toasted in May through July almost no rain. Finally recovered in August when I installed a sprinkling system.

This keeps me warm and positive that summer will come!

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Queen of the Seas in the upper left. Just another reminder I need to take more pictures next season.
    A little piece of heaven in my suburban back yard and my youngest shih tzu, Zoe. All of this is under 12”+ of snow, Zoe is in the house ; )

Sherry

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

Queen of the seas - june 20th

Aug 4th

Queen Josephine. Not a fast grower

• Karin Black Cat

Saija, such a wonderful house and garden! A shame that spring is coming to you extra late :-(

Queen of the Seas mid of October

and in August

• Saija

Karin. Wow your QotS has amazing fall colours.

• oursteelers 8B PNW

I don’t have any Q’s but playing at the park with the little girl I watch warms my heart!

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

Saija..what a beautiful home and garden!!..it looks good in ALL seasons..is that a greenhouse?..I would love a greenhouse..

no Q's for me..my #1 Q vote goes to Queen of the Seas..love wavy edges..

ConnieMay..a heartwarming animal video..very sweet..

Beth..smart cat..the best spot in the house..

steve..aww..a tropical paradise..just magical..

sunnywood..sunsets are magical too..

Sherry..isn't it amazing to watch your sideyard die back then grow back?..it's miraculous really..my plants amaze me..

Shadow..nothing like a blazing fire..

Karin..beautiful as always..Quill is pretty..I like the name too..

oursteelers..that little girl warms everyone's heart..precious

some of this melted on Monday but it's still VERY cold and drab..hard to believe I'll have this in a few months..

• old_dirt

No Q's here, I had Queen Josephine but she faded out over the years. Speaking of which, what became of Josephine who was so active here for years? I was without a computer most of the summer so haven't heard anything about her.

Queen Josephine, I need ti replace her.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱

Right now, this is the only billowy white I want to see...

"

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." John 1:4-5

tj

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

old_dirt..I was wondering the same thing..I don't remember when I've seen a comment from josephine..

tj..that's the biggest and best looking climbing hydrangea I've ever seen..

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱

It was a 3-4 foot gift from my brother when he was remodeling about 15-20 years ago. Takes a bit of work to trim, but worth it. It also looks good from the inside.

tj

• popmama

We got almost 9" of snow yesterday. I just keep thinking that all this snow is good moisture for my slumbering plant friends.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

popmama..I think you're right..I wish I had some of your snow..we're expecting extremely cold temps..and our ground is naked..poor plants..

• Saija

Nicholworth: yes I have greenhouse. This is 4. year. I grow tomatoes there. And this spring there will be also coleus, until they ready to plant beside hostas and in pots in deck.

• windymess z6a KC, Ks

Love all the pictures and warm comments. It’s -4 here this morning.

No Q’s for me.

But I was in Florida (warm) a few weeks ago... visited a botanical/wildlife park and saw this: a six-foot-tall and wide poinsettia In bloom. I had no idea...

And yes- I’ve been wondering about Jo also!

• Karin Black Cat

Seems like we are all wondering about Jo. I think I saw her posting in spring last year and we even talked about a visit to Germany where she has relatives. And then nothing more. I really miss her comments.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Lovely pics every one!

I hope to get QJ & Q of the S planted this year but they will never look as good as yours!

Karin - Quill is so cute!

I spoke to Jo in mid to late June. She was going to come for a visit. I wanted to get some cleanup done before she arrived and it started getting later in the season. I wish I had said to come ahead and she could have seen the garden warts and all.

Quite a pretty Painted Lady.

• M MW

No Qs at all...but maybe this spring!

Speaking of spring....It seems so far away.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

Saija..what fun to stretch your growing season and garden "out of season" in your greenhouse!!..

windymess..impressive poinsettia!!..I've tried to keep them going..but eventually I can't stand how sad they look so out they go..

peren..gorgeous picture!..I've tried but have a hard time getting pics of birds and butterflies..but you did it!..when you talk to Jo again tell her we miss her..

M MW...Feels like -51°..that's horrible!!..this morning we're -11 feeling like -34°..also horrible..your petunias are pretty..I've given up on petunias..mine are sticky, leggy and almost bloomless..they don't like my woodland..a pic of better days to come..

• mbug_gw

Only I Q for me too.....always think of Jo with this one.....

Queen Josephine

Can't wait for spring!!!

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Thank you nicholsworth! I find birds really tough too. Butterflies a bit easier later in the season but in spring and early summer they are flitting around from bloom to bloom at a frantic pace! I just give up sometimes.

Some insects on the other hand can be quite accommodating. I especially have a fondness for bees.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

peren..your photography patience has paid off!!..that pic is beautiful!!.it's pretty enough to publish..

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Peren.all, your butterfly and bee pictures are so pretty!

I have only one Q picture, Queen of the Seas:

In the winter time, when I am missing my garden, I sometimes visit a greenhouse/park conservatory. There is so much beauty to be seen there! I take some photos while visiting and enjoy viewing them at home.

For a few moments in time, I forget it's winter and am in awe of all the natural beauty.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

newhostalady..beautiful pics!!..could/should be published!!..thanks for sharing..a good idea to visit a conservatory..

• Cicely Germany

The Queen.

• Cicely Germany

The Queen.

• steve duggins - Ohio

The Queen is at the top of my want list. I had it in my cart last weekend, but it sold out before I could finish shopping.

• ConnieMay

Hey Steve - The Queen really is beautiful. I nearly lost mine to crown rot 2 years ago so it is much smaller than it should be...

Very colourful.

Cicely - your The Queen is spectacular! The largest I’ve seen so far.

• windymess z6a KC, Ks

I see why they call her The Queen!

• DelawareDonna Zone 7A

No Q's, but two Qties! Wills and Kate

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Donna your "Qties" really are. Cats certainly do love boxes. When I was a kid our cat used to love getting into paper bags.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

Donna..a split screen with 2 pics of my sister's cat Sky..her granddaughter named him - "grandma he has blue eyes"..my brother in law found him alone on a country road..was just a few weeks old..he's the funniest cat in the world..he's obsessed with my brother in law..it's like he knows who saved him and he's eternally grateful..

like your "Qties" Sky has a white chin..they're all so cute..