Your shopping cart is empty.
Find the right pro for your project

plant placement in California

Rothenberg Restoration
January 30, 2019
hi! We are trying to use 4 giant birds of paradise and 2 queen palms to block the view of a barren hillside. What do others think of this plant placement? Should we move the palm trees to the center, to the edges, or keep them where they are? Or other placement ideas?

Thx!!

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Yardvaark

While the BOP will block the lower level view, the queens are only going to block a portion of the upper level view when they grow, since they have clear trunks. Seems like you will needs a bushier, large tree(s) than queens. Or seems like you'll need more queens in order to get their part done for the present.

• Embothrium

Yes: if you want that whole hill to disappear - and disappear anytime soon - you're going to have to put something like gums (Eucalyptus) somewhere there between you and the unwanted view, if possible (fast, large trees like these will have to be put in the ground. Patches of ground that are big enough for them).

• PRO
    Rothenberg Restoration
    Thanks folks!! The bottom part of the hillside is the barren part (what’s above is actually OK). I was just wondering if i should add more BOP and position the palm trees more towards the front and BOP back a few feet? I can’t add another palm unfortunately.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).