Software
Houzz Logo Print
subk3

Dormant spray and pruning question.

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I'd like to spray some dormant oil with copper this weekend. The weather here in Mid TN looks to be just right--dry and above freezing before moisture comes in early next week. But I want to get rid of some left over leaves and the dead flower heads I left on at the end of fall. It's probably too early to do a major spring pruning as I'm sure we still have some significant winter weather ahead, (and the forsythia aren't yet blooming!) but do you think it's ok to snip off some of the minor, thin branches that still have leaves and dead flowers/hips that are at the top/outside of the plant without encouraging early growth? Weather forecast is for a week or so of highs in the 50s and 60s. How badly can I mess up here? Any advice for someone who is a first timer at this?

Comments (9)