Software
Houzz Logo Print
klav10

New Sectional...now what?

7 years ago
Just bought a new sectional now I have no idea what else to add to my living room. Accent chair? What style and colour? New coffee table for sure the current one on the pic does not go with the sectional, do I get a round table? I don’t think I want a glass table again. Stools? Couch table?
I bought a white sag carpet but not sure if it goes with the new sectional???
Anyone have any ideas???

Comments (17)

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Great start! I like the shag carpet. The only place I would put a chair is where the lamp is. The style really depends on the rest of the decor and theme overall of your home and other furnishings. You need a round table for the coffee table. Possibly wood with black wrought iron to tie in with black TV screen and fireplace color. If the TV could go over the fireplace that would be a good move. Then you have room for 2 chairs and large art on that wall. Best wishes!

  • 7 years ago
    Agree the best place for a chair is where the lamp is. Coffee table seems too high and color is off. Oval would be better. Side tables with lamps will help it be more cozy.
  • 7 years ago

    Here's a site with lovely coffee tables and all marked down. tables

  • 7 years ago

    You have a lovely room. Sorry, but I don't think the rug is complimentary. Seems too white.

    Let me see if I can find rug suggestions. Could the lamp go behind the sofa?

  • 7 years ago

    Not sure you need anything else. I too wonder if the lamp would fit behind the sectional. It looks like it is to accommodate a few sitters. With that great window would a large plant survive?

  • 7 years ago





    Something with a bit more interest perhaps.

  • 7 years ago

    Definitely a round table






  • 7 years ago

    I’m not digging the rug with the couch. The fluffy rug looks feminine while the beefy couch looks masculine. I’d return the rug (actually, I’d return the couch too but that’s just me) and get a more traditionally-textured rug.

  • 7 years ago
    All great ideas, black wrought iron round table Is a great idea. I did think about putting the lamp behind the couch but I have no where to plug into there. Yes still not too sure about that rug...
  • 7 years ago

    Why are you sceptic bout the rug? Do you have kids? it’s a nice comfy soft rug do you want one that has a heavier look?

  • 7 years ago
    Yes I have two kids but old enough to know to be careful and they are the ones that really wanted a shag carpet. I think a heavier rug maybe,I will see what that looks like.
  • 7 years ago

    I love what you've done so far:) I do think the rug works but I agree a round or oval table would look better. Out of Claire Larece's table choices, #1 or 2 may balance the white shag best. Also, is there any chance you can add a textured wall hanging or art that would complement the area rug? Manon Floreat's chair choice would also work well.

    Good luck!

  • 7 years ago

    If you want a shag rug, do a different color - not white/off white.

  • 7 years ago


    Jaipur Living Tegan Handmade Geometric Gray/Cream Area Rug, 9'x12' · More Info


  • 7 years ago

    I'd use the ottoman piece with a tray on it as your coffee table. Frees up some space in your room when you don't need the ottoman for additional seating.

  • 7 years ago

    Or the kerin rug in ivory from uttermost