0

Can anyone identify this wall tile??

mazygirl1

Hello!

I posted earlier about using white glass mosaic tile (my husband likes it but I've been on the fence) - he doesn't want plain subway tile either (ugh!). I found these pics and he does like this and I do too. My kitchen will have same counter and white cabinets.

Does anyone know what this wall tile is? It might be too hard to tell from pics.

I cannot figure it out.

Thank you for any help!

• Sammy

It looks like Crema Marfil marble tile.

mazygirl1 thanked Sammy
  • Sammy

Also search images for travertine and tumbled marbles. :)

• Fori

I think Sammy is in the ballpark--probably one of those or something very close.

I also think it's too much for that counter. I'd prefer ceramic or porcelain tile instead of adding another stone. That countertop does not play nicely with other stone. (It's quite fabulous.)

Beth H. :

Nope, it's not Crema Marfil.

It's Athens Gray marble. (limestone) also called "wood-look" marble. (the countertop is Fantasy Brown)

https://www.discountglasstilestore.com/marble-linear-mosaics-athens-gray-polished/

Also, make sure you see your entire slab and find out how the fabricator is going to cut it, and how it's going to be installed. Because this stone has prominent veining, if it's not cut correctly for the counter, the veining can run in a different direction. So make sure you see how it's going to be laid out to avoid any problems.

this is a great install job (Do NOT get this 4" piece if you're doing tile)

one with white arabesque. Wait until after it's installed, post more pics, and we'll help you w/tile.

mazygirl1 thanked Beth H. :
    JAN MOYER

That top does not need that much . At all. Try a pale toned in glass subway...........a white in a more interesting shape as just above, perhaps. Otherwise? Too busy. Sorry. You have a star. You don't need two.

mazygirl1 thanked JAN MOYER
    Skippack Tile & Stone

The stone in the photos is called Cappuccino, and given the size shown likely a honed finish.

mazygirl1 thanked Skippack Tile & Stone