Software
Houzz Logo Print
wysmama

Front Door color options

7 years ago
We are at the point in our build where it is time to decide on front door and garage door colors.
The main body of the house is SW Rainstorm.
Trim is white.
We are unsure what to do with the front door color....
stained wood? Painted red?

Would love to get some opinions....

*note, we cannot change any structural features.

Comments (16)

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I think an apple green or yellow front door would look great!

  • PRO
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Hunter orange, so it is highly visible for anyone attempting to back out of the garages.

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Garage should be the same as the house - it’s not a feature. I think yellow might be nice. Your door is somewhat hidden - this will draw the eye to it as it should.

  • 7 years ago

    I like the apple green or yellow suggestion!

    Also, coral is a great color for a front door on a blue house



  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Common question, but easy answer:


    1. Front door: a color and temperature which harmonizes with the siding color. Complementary colors, as well as analogous colors, are always harmonious. Thus with a warm blue siding, a complementary warm orange will always be harmonious.


    2. Garage doors: garage doors are seldom the most important element of a house, thus they should blend, not contrast, with the siding color. Thus make the garage doors match the siding color.


    Good luck with your project.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    As others have suggested, I'd blend the garage with the main body of the house.

    For the entry, my first thought was, "Cranberry!" lol But what I'd do is, pick a color that plays well with some favorite flowering plants that grow best in your zone/soil.

  • 7 years ago

    My vote is yellow for the front door and the garage door the same color as the siding. The red also would look nice for the front door if you want to go with an American theme. You could do hanging basket on the porch of red and white flowers. Really red/white/blue homes look very nice.

  • 7 years ago

    I’d do stained wood garage doors and front door.

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I like CP’s renderings. My vote is still for the green! :)

  • 7 years ago
    Lots of choices but I vote yellow. I painted mine Benjamin Moore Hawthorne yellow & I love it.
  • 7 years ago

    Another vote for Yellow!

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I love the apple green idea, the yellow, or the rain with blue undertones.





  • 7 years ago

    I also love the apple green, as well as the coral. Since the door will be in shadow on the porch and since it looks like most of it is window rather than the surface you'll paint, I'd go bright!


    Test it out with a few of your top choices painted on wallboard and propped on the porch; take a look at different times of day.


    Lovely home and I think you can have some fun with the door color, incorporating it into plants and planters that lead the eye to your front door. Lovely home! The blue is stunning. (And I like cp's idea to paint the gables.)



  • 7 years ago
    Chicagoans- the front door was open on the earlier pic. Our front door looks like this...
Sponsored
Daniel Home
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin Co, Ohio