Software
Houzz Logo Print
radha5

backsplash - which tile

7 years ago
Hi! Love this backsplash! What did you use here? Thanks!
Final Conesus Photos · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 7 years ago
    Hi :). This is from the Cement Tile Shop. The name of the tile is Cannes III (link below). They have awesome customer service and I couldn’t be happier with them and the product. You can see a lot of their tile patterns on Instagram by searching their hashtag - this allows you to get an understanding of how things look when fully installed.

    One hard thing about dealing w cement tile for a backsplash is that when you order samples you need four to see the full pattern, and it’s not possible to put four of them up on the wall so you can see if you like how it looks, because they fall over. I solved that by going to Home Depot and having them cut me a piece of luan that was a little bigger than the size of the four tiles. Then I attached the tiles to the wood with duct tape, and that allowed me to lean the wood up against the wall. Just be sure to protect your countertop when you do it - the tiles are heavy and could damage the counter if they fell.

    https://www.cementtileshop.com/collection/CannesIII.html
  • 7 years ago
    One more thing - there are not a lot of trim pieces that match cement tiles. So if you are using it for a backsplash, you have to really figure out before you order where your install will end and if there will be raw edges what you will do. This is one reason I chose to run mine to the ceiling.
  • 7 years ago
    Thank you so much! I’m wondering if it’s worth it bc we don’t have that much area to tile and it’s for our weekend place. Do you have to seal the cement tiles?
  • 7 years ago
    Thanks so much for the detailed response. I think due to living 2 hours away and not having the bandwidth, I may skip this beautiful tile in that case.
  • 7 years ago
    Yeah I get that for sure. This is a second house for me also, and due to massive flood
    It had to be completely gutted and rebuilt, top to bottom. There were many decisions I made where I would have done something differently if I could have been there to oversee what was happening. This tile was one of the things I made an exception for, because it really is one of the most important features of the kitchen. So I took a day off and spent the whole first day there with the tiler. I hope you find something you love that doesn’t require too much oversight!
Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting